Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   Kinda new, kinda not (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/kinda-new-kinda-not-18394/)

xaza 03-17-2015 06:35 PM

Kinda new, kinda not

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I don't do much talking, never even introduced myself. I have Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L. I detonated a piston a few years ago and ended up swapping a performance rebuilt 360 in. I still have the original block with the hopes to rebuild and put into another project. Since then have added a few goodies such as Hughes intake manifold, 52mm TB, and 3"exhaust. This is my daily driver, might make a couple more trips to Bandimere, but then it's the grocery wagon. In the future I hope to get smaller tires/4.10 gears, trans rebuild, fuel injectors/pump and possibly larger throttle body and removing 3.5" lift. Not much for pics and the build progress is very slow due to my XJ being my primary build which has now spread into a trailer build too.

78D200 03-18-2015 03:08 AM

Nice CG! Those 5.9L in them really make them go, perfect for hauling or even just having some fun.

Iowan 03-18-2015 04:06 PM

Not up on my Jeeps Is that all wheel or 4 wheel drive?

xaza 03-18-2015 05:02 PM

It is currently an all wheel drive. T-case is commonly swapped to make it 4 wheel drive, I like AWD...at least until the viscous coupler fails. I will try to get some updates for my build thread with a pic or two later tonight.

xaza 03-25-2015 04:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got my build thread started up and dropped back in here to show some pictures of our Cherokees. I have a white 94 Cherokee that is my first build and the majority of my experience. My brother has a blue 94 Cherokee, his first build but he grew up working on cars with his dad. My wife has recently inherited a old trailer that we are making into an off road trailer to make our rig capable of expedition style camping.

xaza 04-11-2015 04:52 AM

Is there any interest in seeing the build thread for my Cherokee here? It is not a Mopar and certainly not up to par with the type of builds in here but it does demonstrate my level of knowledge and understanding.

Coronet 500 04-11-2015 05:00 AM

Yes. Always like to see people take pride in their work.

RacerHog 04-11-2015 06:00 AM

I Agree !!! Bring It!! :)