Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   In need of some help on my 2000 Ram (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/need-some-help-my-2000-ram-20312/)

Rambuild 05-10-2017 02:57 PM

In need of some help on my 2000 Ram

Hi everyone I just got my Ram 4x4 drove it home threw a rod omg so need a crank it's a 5.9 Magnum also Rod's. I also want to change the cam and saw on the web to go with Hughes springs and retainers as well as cam? The problem is after spending money on truck darn near broke lol. Hate to beg lol but if any of my fellow Mopar heads can help me brat up on some Ford and Chevy's with advise and or parts I would truly appreciate any and all help. What a way to get back into Mopar's. Thanks Steve Hamilton Ohio.
Thanks Steve

Coronet 500 05-10-2017 03:14 PM

Welcome. I would look for another long block and start there. The cost of parts and machining would be more than a good used one. The only reason I would stick with my broken engine is if I was going to a higher level with higher compression height pistons and maybe even stroke it which is going to be even more money.

Your power goals and budget would help anyone answering this question.

RacerHog 05-10-2017 04:18 PM

I Agree..... Just do a Long Block and save some penny's for later.

Rambuild 05-11-2017 05:12 AM

Goals

Originally Posted by Rambuild (Post 139538)
Hi everyone I just got my Ram 4x4 drove it home threw a rod omg so need a crank it's a 5.9 Magnum also Rod's. I also want to change the cam and saw on the web to go with Hughes springs and retainers as well as cam? The problem is after spending money on truck darn near broke lol. Hate to beg lol but if any of my fellow Mopar heads can help me brat up on some Ford and Chevy's with advise and or parts I would truly appreciate any and all help. What a way to get back into Mopar's. Thanks Steve Hamilton Ohio.
Thanks Steve

Rambuild 05-11-2017 05:17 AM

Goal's 400 hp very tight budget

Originally Posted by Coronet 500 (Post 139539)
Welcome. I would look for another long block and start there. The cost of parts and machining would be more than a good used one. The only reason I would stick with my broken engine is if I was going to a higher level with higher compression height pistons and maybe even stroke it which is going to be even more money.

Your power goals and budget would help anyone answering this question.

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 139544)

Rambuild 05-11-2017 05:37 AM

Goals

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 139544)

Want to just fix and up horse power to 400 I have a very tight budget got burnt on truck plus on workers comp thanks

RacerHog 05-11-2017 12:11 PM

Ok... Are your heads still in good shape?

If you are good there get a good 10.5.1 short block and a Lunati cam, screw it together and go beat the piss out of it.... :)

TVLynn 05-13-2017 04:11 PM

Was it knocking when you bought it ??

Rambuild 05-14-2017 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by TVLynn (Post 139600)
Was it knocking when you bought it ??

no it wasn't knocking and oil level was fine. If anyone has parts such as hp cam, intake, header's pistons,Rod's any help would be great I've exauhsted my funds buying this pos !!!