Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   new guy / old car (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/new-guy-old-car-21488/)

lemontwist 07-01-2018 04:48 PM

new guy / old car

1 Attachment(s)
You're all probably more interested in the car than you are me so here goes... 1970 Charger 500, 318 / 904 / 8.25 #s matching with lots of documentation. The photo shows how it looked when I brought it home in 2016. I replaced the fuel pump and took it for a drive or two. Now it's on jack stands. Motor, transmission, rear end and front suspension removed. A work in progress but still moving forward. The best part of this is that my wife is 100% on board so I don't even have to lie about what I spend!

RacerHog 07-01-2018 04:54 PM

Welcome to the site.... Awesome project for you and the wife... Those are always a looker !!!!
Are you just doing some freshen up?
Or
Is this more of doing upgrades for the old gal ?
Looks to be in pretty good shape in the body and paint area?

Iowan 07-01-2018 05:17 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Never lie just don't tell em, after all I never asked how much all the clothes and shoes cost.

ZEN357 07-02-2018 08:33 AM

Welcome to the Forum!!! Nice Ride!!!

lemontwist 07-02-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 144811)
Welcome to the site.... Awesome project for you and the wife... Those are always a looker !!!!
Are you just doing some freshen up?
Or
Is this more of doing upgrades for the old gal ?
Looks to be in pretty good shape in the body and paint area?

Thanks for the welcome. At this time I'm in the clean up and collect parts mode. I'm going to keep the 318 and 904. When I first got it I planned to freshen a few things and drive it. Now as I get into it I just can't get myself to install new / clean parts on a chassis that needs more cleaning. I have acquired an 8.75 SG and had it set up with 3.73 and I fitted it with disc brakes, cleaned painted and ready to go in. Had the K member and some suspension parts powder coated. Bushing kit and front discs in boxes. Just yesterday I was under the car removing undercoating.

RacerHog 07-02-2018 10:33 AM

Great Up Grades.... Keep us posted..... Shoot us some pictures if you have the time...