Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   New here and thanks (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/new-here-thanks-17686/)

canyon707 08-15-2014 07:11 AM

New here and thanks

Well here I am and glad to be here. I have always been a Mopar guy. It goes back to early drag racing the Melrose Missle, Dick Landy's Dodge and many others. Back then I was driving a 57 plymouth all stock because I had no money to do anything with it except put gas in it. Well I finally moved up a step in 68 with a new Roadrunner 383 4 speed. It was a quick car in its day and my buddy bought a 68 Charger 440 black, right out of the movie Bullet. I purchased it for around 2500.00 of the lot new and said I wont ever pay that much for a car again. Wow how little I knew how addicting cars were. Well now I am the owner of a Dodge Viper I purchased in 03 new and it still looks and drives like a new car only 38k on it. As my life finances improved I was on the hunt to go back in time looking for a 68 Roadrunner. Well I found just what I was looking for in a hot car. I purchased a Roadrunner bracket car from a guy in Southern Cal that had some medical issues and really couldn't do much driving anymore. Bummer for him I still write to him and tell him whats up with his old car. He's a great guy and a true lover of racing. So my Roadrunner has a 440 motor 550 hp runs in the high tens and I love it. I have been working on it as we all know to make it more mine. doing some things but so far no motor work just refinining the driving ability. Thinking of getting it painted, but have not really made my mind up on a color. My first Roadrunner was silver and I always liked that this one now is black but could use paint. I am going to try and post a picture of it. So to all who read this and maybe reconize the car thanks.

RacerHog 08-15-2014 11:11 AM

Welcome From SO-CAL.... Napa is a nice Place.... :)

Myraman 08-16-2014 08:17 AM

Welcome from Maine!

78D200 11-03-2014 03:22 AM

Welcome!