Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   Newbie from WI (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/newbie-wi-10029/)

poncho67 07-04-2011 01:10 PM

Newbie from WI

3 Attachment(s)
Hello ladies and gentlemen! :D

I've been a long time Pontiac guy but am gaining a big appreciation for the old mopars. Sadly, I don't know the in's and out's of what to look for in these cars. I just know what I like to look at. Ha! Anyway, I'm hoping learn some things along the way here.

I did recently come across a 67' Coronet RT for sale. It has perked my interest to say the least! However, I'm not sure what numbers to look for though or if the price is even good? Below is what was listed in the ad...

"This is a true WS23L 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T, not a clone. 440 engine, auto transmission, sure grip rear, A/C, bucket seats, center council. This car has a clear Florida title. Over all car is very solid. Frame is excellent. Problem arias are the quarters behind the tires, the trunk where the spare tire sits and a bit in the front floor. The trunk where it attaches to the quarters is solid. There is one door panel missing (drivers door). There is a dent in the fender and one in the quarter. The car ran when parked a few years ago. I have not tried to get it running nor do I intend to, not for this price anyway."

chlngr1970 07-04-2011 01:35 PM

Depending on the price, and weather or not the motor is numbers matching, it looks like a good deal.

j

poncho67 07-04-2011 01:39 PM

oops! :o price is $4,800, not sure if its numbers matching or not?

78doubleR 07-04-2011 11:32 PM

Welcome! :welcome:

MercuryDon 07-05-2011 12:12 AM

Not a bad deal if there is no frame rail rust. I have always liked those cars. Neat find !

78D200 07-05-2011 03:13 AM

Welcome!

Numbers matching means if the motor and transmission that are in the vehicle now are the same ones that came in the car off the line. If they are, it's worth it but you'll want to check the body over with a find tooth comb. Seeing it sit on the grass and the ad reading

The car ran when parked a few years ago. I have not tried to get it running nor do I intend to, not for this price anyway.
doesn't exactly get me all excited. I would expect the underside to need more work than the seller says.

62Furious 07-05-2011 05:07 AM

welcome, a friend may have a few part he is building 1

rickyr 07-05-2011 05:44 AM

welcome to the forum