Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Performance parts and engine development (https://moparforums.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   440 Source Roller rockers (https://moparforums.com/forums/f57/440-source-roller-rockers-2322/)

78trailduster 02-16-2009 08:56 PM

440 Source Roller rockers

I just got my rocker arms set up on my 440. I am sure glad that i did such a good job with the stem hieghts in these heads. I had to order shorter push rods due to the fact i milled .010 off the deck and .005 off the heads. The rocker arms where best quilty for the price i have found. 440 source was right on the ball about getting them to me. If you ever want to have adjustable full roller rockers these are the way to go

deadkelly 03-03-2009 10:11 PM

are they alloy or stainless steel ?

78trailduster 03-04-2009 08:05 PM

The rockers are alluminum alloy, the shafts are made from hardened steel. I had to buy custom made push rods. Make sure that if you buy them that you sand the shims becuase they use a press to mass produce the shims. If you mic them out of the box they will read .021 after you sand down the edges, mic they again and you will see that they are now .015. I spent alot of time and pression blued the valve stem to make sure that the roller stayed in the center of the steam. IF they are off it will cause premature vavle guide wear. Good luck and if you need help getting them set up i am on here alot

rexus31 05-29-2010 09:22 PM

I would pull the valve covers every once in a while to inspect them. I read a post on anther site that some people had the pin come loose that holds the roller tip in place and the roller fell off the rocker. This then makes the rocker a pitch fork that will eventully loosen the valve keepers causing a dropped valve. The photos of what happened to the cylinder weren't pretty. I was planning on running their roller rocker setup but went with the stock stamped steel rockers after I read that thread. Just a heads up.

deadkelly 04-07-2011 09:35 PM

i'm not sure what brand my stainless steel comp cams copy's are but i spent 2 day's of intence sanding down the shims . if i were to do it all again i'd spend the extra money & buy comp cams rockers or another good brand . but who knows if ya had to sand there shims i'd be pissed . oh well at leased i have my rollers on the valve stems now ( in the middle )

scotts74birds 04-08-2011 06:30 PM

I too have heard "things" about the 440 source roller rockers on other forums. A close eye is warranted.

bremereric 04-17-2011 08:48 PM

Only thing I can report to this date is that they are noisy...I have run their 1.6 ratio rockers for over a year now...I hammer on it every weekend and have had no failure...if I had to do it over again I would have gone with some Harland Sharps..

Chryco Psycho 09-29-2012 07:53 AM

PRW has a nice product as well , all stainless steel roller tip in 1.5 , 1.6 & 1.7 ratio

Damtom 11-28-2012 08:09 PM

I peruse a post on anther destination that some folks had the pin come detached that keeps the roller tip in spot and the roller tumbled off the rocker. This then makes the rocker a pitch fork that will eventually relax the valve attendants creating a dropped valve.