nitro funny cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile nitro funny cars

time for nitro funny cars in oz again.australia vs us.last year was awesome gary densham(not sure about spelling) set a few australian national records.e.t. and m.p.h.we have had rain here in brisbane for a few weeks so hopefully it stays dry long enough for them to have a crack at it again
Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Hopefully the rains will hold out... I know this is one of the best highlights of the NHRA "offseason". I know I really enjoy the coverage of this event......
Old 01-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
From Competitionplus.com

This Saturday US Nitro Funny Car stars Jack Wyatt and Gary Densham will take to the track for round one of Willowbank Raceway’s International New Year Series, but before they do they have been officially welcomed with a game of good ol’ Aussie cricket.

Australian Top Alcohol racer Steve Reed took the opportunity to welcome the pair to the Ipswich facility, teaching them the finer points of the Aussie game, although at times some confusion was felt with the Americans' baseball leanings coming to the fore.

They got the hang of it in the end however, and promise their performance on Saturday evening will be much better than their batting and catching skills.

“What a welcome,” laughed Wyatt, who will take on an Australian contingent of Nitro Funny cars in the USA vs AUS Nitro Funny Car Challenge at the event.

“This is my first time to Australia and the last thing I was expecting was to get roped into a game of cricket on the track, but it has been great fun to knockabout with Steve and Gary today.

“While my form may have been a bit wobbly on the pitch – I can assure the fans I will be looking to put the car down the quarter mile hard and straight come Saturday, and try and run some big numbers for them.”

Densham, who will take to the track aboard his Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car, played wicket-keeper to Wyatt's battsman, after having the terms of the game explained to him.

“I was telling everyone I was the catcher, but they caught me and corrected me as the wicket-keeper instead!” laughed Densham.

“This has been great fun, and I am really looking forward to having more fun this Saturday night when I give the fans a look at where Nitro Funny Car racing began.

“This is my 12th trip here Down Under and every time it is just better and better – I can’t wait to get out there in front of the Aussie fans this weekend and then for round two on January 16.”

The International New Year Series, featuring the USA vs AUS Nitro Funny Car Challenge, will take place over two rounds, with the first this Saturday January 2 followed by round two on Saturday January 16.

The USA vs AUS Nitro Funny Car challenge will run in a “Chicago Shootout” format at 6.00pm (round one), 8.00pm (round two) and 10.00pm (final – where the fastest Australian will compete against Wyatt for national pride) over both rounds. Running alongside the Challenge will be the Densham v Peter Leahy Nostalgia Match Races as well as Alcohol Funny Car match races between local professional competitors Stephen Ham and Steve Reed.