Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Do-It-yourself Section (https://moparforums.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   1972 360 engine fuel pump/ carburetor issues? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f6/1972-360-engine-fuel-pump-carburetor-issues-20578/)

Ryngus 08-08-2017 01:00 AM

1972 360 engine fuel pump/ carburetor issues?

Hello!
I recently purchased a 1972 b300 van with a 360 5.9 engine. The van has been having a rough time. The previous owner had installed a small electric fuel pump that bipases the mechanical one... I'm not sure why... So I started installing the new mechanical fuel pump when I notices that the double barrel carburetor is only pumping fuel from one of the barrels...

Could this be the reason why the van is having a hard time running/starting?

Would cleaning the carburetor fix the problem?

More info on the van- it hasn't been driven since 1999. Only has 66000 miles on it. Despite fuel issue was able to drive 3 hours home.

Any info or advice on the 360 is much appreciated. It's a bit harder to find info on the 360 than the 318....

Thank you!!!

Archer 08-08-2017 05:55 AM

R -

I would think a full carb rebuild is in order, as well as a through going over all all systems If gas is only coming from one of the squirters, one of the circuits is clogged.

Do you have any plans for the engine, or will it stay stock?

Archer

Ryngus 08-08-2017 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Archer (Post 140797)
R -

I would think a full carb rebuild is in order, as well as a through going over all all systems If gas is only coming from one of the squirters, one of the circuits is clogged.

Do you have any plans for the engine, or will it stay stock?

Archer

Okay thank you! I'll get started with the carb. Eventually I want to go through all systems and make sure everything is running smoothly but no I don't have any plans of changing the engine. As far as I know and have been told it's running well.

Do you suggest otherwise?

TVLynn 08-08-2017 01:20 PM

A good dose of Sea Foam in the gas tank may help without a carb rebuild

Iowan 08-08-2017 05:24 PM

Fuel injector cleaner, I haven't had luck with Sea Foam even in water craft.:)

Good luck!