Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Do-It-yourself Section (https://moparforums.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Help With Larger Wheels!! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f6/help-larger-wheels-16549/)

JayceDUSTER 01-16-2014 05:02 PM

Help With Larger Wheels!!

Hey guys! So this is a repost i made early in the Wheels and Tires section, just figured there would be more footsteps on this side of town.

I recently purchased some 15x8 5x4 1/2 wheels for my 1970 Duster. I knew my bolt pattern was 5x4 but i got them both + tires for 50$. I then bought wheel adapters off summit for 60$, (So just the back 2). And the Tires on them are 275/60 on 15's of course.

The problem i am having is the scraping on the fender, as you probably guessed by now.

So far i have grinded a little off the edge of the fender, and made some leaf spring extensions, raised it about 2 inches. The car will now only scrape on big bumps/ speed bumps.

I'm trying to figure out if i should just try to re sell them, and go back to my baby 14's in the rear. Or if there is some more i can do at a lost cost to keep them back there, because i really do like them.

Is it possible that if i just lower the tire size i would be in the clear? Let me know, thanks guys

Deco Vegas 01-18-2014 02:19 AM

Hi there I have a 74 satelite,it's got 15" centerlines on it the fronts are 195 and backs are 305 mickeys.I have also put extensions on the springs.But yeah the problem is it's got a big rake on it(I think someone has wound the frount down) if I was keeping it I thinkid put smaller wheels on it now.

JayceDUSTER 01-19-2014 05:53 PM

Are you interested in selling the centerlines? if so where are you located

DodgeAddict 01-20-2014 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by JayceDUSTER (Post 114379)
Are you interested in selling the centerlines? if so where are you located

He's down under Mate!

Deco Vegas 01-20-2014 01:28 PM

Yup all the way down here.Wish I could have helped,