Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Do-It-yourself Section (https://moparforums.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   I'm here to help w/ interiors (https://moparforums.com/forums/f6/im-here-help-w-interiors-4791/)

64polara 01-25-2010 04:38 AM

any idea where i could get a headliner for my car, and how much it would cost?

76_roadrunner 01-26-2010 05:11 AM

I would think that legendary would have them.

64polara 01-26-2010 11:16 AM

i looked on legendary, but could not find them. then i did a search for 1964 b-body headliner on google. i found some on this site:

http://www.profitautointeriors.com/

deadkelly 01-27-2010 06:44 AM

g'day 76

welcome aboard great to see your help on here . is this a ridicules question or is there a decent amount of weight to be saved ?
what would be the most eye pleasing , practical , cost effective weight saving interior for a street trip car . I'm thinking about noise /weight , I'm prepared for just pained metal but I'm thinking the law would love to hassle me for everything else about my car let a lone no interior . thanks it's great for the forum :) .

76_roadrunner 01-30-2010 06:11 PM

I'm not sure what you are asking me. Are you trying to get as much weight out of the car as you can? Are you asking me if it is better to run with a plain aluminum racing seat? I'm confused on this one.

deadkelly 01-30-2010 06:27 PM

sorry bud
yeah I'm asking to get as much weight out of my car .
but still have it looking pleasing to the eye ( police's eye ) .
as it's more a race car that's on the street . noise doesn't bother me to much . :rolleyes:

scotts74birds 02-06-2010 06:05 PM

Hi Jeff. Working on my 74 Bird and had an idea for my interior. It has small upper panels for the doors and back seat. Right now it is stock vinyl. Thought it might be cool to have a soft padded leather door since thats where my arm rides! I figure you could match the stitch pattern, or create new, sewing it to a thin foam backing and then cementing to the panel. It has a faux wood strip with chrome at the bottom of the panels now. Maybe you might also have an idea to redo, or something better than stock for that. Thanx, Scotty

volaredon 02-06-2010 08:11 PM

another Volare guy, having a 76 RR huh; I have the red headed stepchild. an '80 Volare. (one year only front clip, square headlights) I have a set of covers I bought from Ebay a couple yrs back, look like something you'd see from a Legendary-Year One type catalog but everybody knows, nobody makes anything for our F bodies. I got em from a guy in Ohio; very well made; the seller thought they were hand made from the orig covers as a pattern by a Mom and Pop type upholstery shop; they were boxed up in the trunk of a parts car he'd bought.
Only possible problem; they are more of a "tan" and I have the rest of a perfect "butterscotch" (a lil darker and almost an "orangey" brown), I've seen this color listed as "toffee" other places; I am not the most color coordinated of people but I'd like to get them dyed the "butterscotch"; would the dye job hold up, would it make the material more "brittle" by filling in the pores and therefore less pliable, and more likely to split/crack,
and 1 more; would it look OK to have the seats "slightly off" from the rest?

the reason I ask, is that in my Cherokee for instance, the dash is split, light gray/dark gray and to me, it don't look too bad. I have seen other cherokees exactly the same way, so it's not like someone modded mine along the way.
I'm thinking you might have some swatch or paint chip samples to see what I am talking about here; the tan and butterscotch are both OE colors that were current in the days of our F bodies. this tan/butterscotch is going inside a car that will be "intense Blue" on the outside. I wish you weren't so far away.

OHD 03-24-2010 08:58 AM

What type of light weight flooring covering that looks carpet like could be used in a prostreet interior with large removable trans hump cover?

76_roadrunner 03-29-2010 04:15 AM

Sorry I haven't been around lately, my wife had to have surgery for cancer. I will be back as soon as I can.

67 GTX 03-29-2010 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by 76_roadrunner (Post 40882)
Sorry I haven't been around lately, my wife had to have surgery for cancer. I will be back as soon as I can.

how is she doing?

76_roadrunner 04-01-2010 10:28 PM

She is getting better as time goes by, but as you know cancer has a mind of it's own.

1966sportfury 04-01-2010 10:52 PM

cancer sux...sorry to hear about that. my dad went in after my sister died (i guess it opened his eyes out living one of his kids) he found out he had cancer he has beaten it. in and out of the hospital. i hope your wife has the same out come. (less the many visits) i wish you and her good luck!

CarsMakeLove 04-03-2010 03:36 AM

Here's the question: Is it cheaper to change the whole upholstery than to fix parts of it that are torn and worn out?

old tired rebel 04-04-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by 76_roadrunner (Post 40882)

Our Prayers to you and your wife.

67gtxclone 04-04-2010 04:07 PM

I second that. Prayers for you and your wife. I will ask my question later...kind of makes it seem insignificant.

Turbo Tangg 04-06-2010 02:27 PM

Hope all goes well

Cancer has a wide reach it seems. I hope everything works out well for your wife I dont know how I would handle it if my wife had it.

Dave

76_roadrunner 04-10-2010 06:39 AM

If you want everything to look the same, you have to change it all. If you just want to have a few minor repair done and don't mind have new and old vinyl together, than just get the repair work done.

76_roadrunner 04-10-2010 06:41 AM

She is getting much better as the days go by, but she has to start the chemo next week and that will change everything. I will keep you posted. Thanks guys.

Turbo Tangg 04-12-2010 09:02 AM

65 satellite center console

I am in need of finding a center console Lock/button cylinder. are they the same as the glove box? Can you get them?

66 Fury III 04-12-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by old tired rebel (Post 41420)
Our Prayers to you and your wife.

Your in my prays......

dodgenut7 04-29-2010 04:19 AM

hey jeff i was wondering if you could give me a rough estimate on what you would charge i have a 69 dart gt with bucket seats how much to do the buckets,backseat,and side panels in a two tone {black with red} like in the 57 chevy that looks really sharp you have alot of talent

RROriginals 05-07-2010 08:15 AM

I have some '73 Roadrunner seats, they are benches and the driver's side has about 5-6 rips in it, 2 of which are severe and go mostly the length of the driver side. Any way I could fix this up myself and make it look "new"?

76_roadrunner 05-08-2010 10:25 AM

Dodgenut,, I get $1,000.00 to do what you want. Just let me know.

76_roadrunner 05-08-2010 10:27 AM

RR,, I would recommend new seat covers. If you try to fix what you have, you will only have more problems down the line. I would say the original vinyl is too dry and brittle to work with and it will rip again.

1966sportfury 05-08-2010 01:11 PM

hows everything with your wife. i and im sure others hope everything is turning out great.

76_roadrunner 05-09-2010 06:02 AM

She is doing great. The doctors say she is cancer free, but she is still recovering from the surgery and they say she will have some pain for about 2 months.

Thanks for asking and I want to thank everyone for the prayers.

mr340 05-09-2010 06:22 AM

Wow Jeff, sorry I missed this thread, I know what you are going thru, my wife is a survivor 1 year and counting. It's just as tough for us as it is for them. She will heal in time. My wife still has some discomfort from the 2 surgeries (they didn't get it all the first time). She was lucky it never got to the nodes and they were able to remove it and radiate the area without chemo. I have heard chemo can really drain you physically and mentally. Stay strong, and she will pull thru, remember after this is over "don't sweat the small stuff".

DUSTERforLIFE 10-11-2012 06:52 AM

My springs are shot......What can I do ????? Do they make new one or what ?????

Gorts 5th 10-11-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by DUSTERforLIFE (Post 92630)
My springs are shot......What can I do ????? Do they make new one or what ?????

try year one also this post is from 2010