Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   DONT HATE!!! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/dont-hate-11865/)

69POLARA383 03-09-2012 08:44 AM

DONT HATE!!!

Just traded in the old Caddy for a 2003 Mustang Cobra with 59k miles. Before you jump all over me, I was a Ford guy before a Mopar guy (I just didnt know!!) so I now have the best of both worlds and couldnt be happier. Besides, Im all about AMERICAN MUSCLE, Dodge, Ford, even GM, lol. So hopefully I didnt shoot my self in the head and yall will still offer me the same kind advice as always, my Plymouth still smokes the stang. Pics on the way!

blue 68 gts 03-09-2012 09:06 AM

If you want the most power for your dollar,

A cobra is the way to go no doubt........ I love them Cobras and the new Mach 1's. Always have

pics?

PK1 03-09-2012 11:28 AM

I had the 96 svt cobra. Was a great ride... Couldn't hold a car seat though:).. Good Choice. Grab a tuner and take it to a dyno for 75 bucks and tune it. The factory tune is horribly fat...

Post pics...

I drove the Jeep SRT8 and I think mopar maybe heading in the right direction..... Finally.........

69POLARA383 03-09-2012 11:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres a few pics I snapped with my cell...

69POLARA383 03-09-2012 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dunno why this didnt load with the others...

PK1 03-09-2012 02:19 PM

Looks nice... Great shape.. Who stole your snake in the front grill?

blue 68 gts 03-09-2012 03:12 PM

Looks good! I just bought an SRT, but if i couldve i wouldve bought an 03 Cobra....

Bruzilla 03-12-2012 05:38 AM

Nothing wrong with Fords, but one thing... a Mustang is not, nor has ever been, nor will ever be, a muscle car. Muscle cars were full-size cars that were beefed up by the factory. The only cars Ford has made recently that qualify as muscle cars are the P71 Crown Victoria/Police Interceptor and the Mercury Marauder.

Mustangs have always been pony cars, meaning they are compact and have a long fore deck and short rear deck. This class was named for the Mustang, and includes all the Mustang clones (Camaros, Firebirds, Trans Ams, Cudas, Challengers, etc.).

69POLARA383 03-12-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by blue 68 gts (Post 83016)
Looks good! I just bought an SRT, but if i couldve i wouldve bought an 03 Cobra....

I was looking soooo long for a SRT8, Charger or 300. Here in Tampa, they sell like hotcakes...and for mucho $$. Plus the dealers know if your lookin for a SRT, you know what your buying so they like todrop the price on the trade in too. I even tried to get the "Donk" SRT8's, you know, the ones where the hood was never opened but theres 5k in 24's and 5k in candy yellow/orange paint that peels and flakes like my dirty uncles head...I mean bad bad bad, even the window trim was painted over! 79k miles...STILL wanted 19k!!! :uzi::slap:

Anyways, I DID get the carseat in the back, it sits in there pretty good. We are lookin to get a recaro seat I think, but were still lookin for a slimmer racy looking booster. Anyone have info?

blue 68 gts 03-12-2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruzilla (Post 83145)
Nothing wrong with Fords, but one thing... a Mustang is not, nor has ever been, nor will ever be, a muscle car. Muscle cars were full-size cars that were beefed up by the factory. The only cars Ford has made recently that qualify as muscle cars are the P71 Crown Victoria/Police Interceptor and the Mercury Marauder.

Mustangs have always been pony cars, meaning they are compact and have a long fore deck and short rear deck. This class was named for the Mustang, and includes all the Mustang clones (Camaros, Firebirds, Trans Ams, Cudas, Challengers, etc.).

You sir, are an idiot.

No need to bash this guys thread about his bad ass new Cobra.

blue 68 gts 03-14-2012 09:38 PM

Just so you know, Barracuda's came out BEFORE Mustangs did.

69POLARA383 03-15-2012 07:59 AM

Hater-aide....Haaaater-aaaide...water sucks, it really, really suuuuucks!!!!

blue 68 gts 03-18-2012 04:10 PM

Haters gona hate....

Trolls need to gtfo of this forum

duster sweden 03-19-2012 02:06 AM

i had a mustang -69 mach 1 with a cleveland -70 under the hood for 20 years ago and i loved that car, i sold for a harley... but now i'm a mopar head beacus mopar is the name of muscle cars..

MMorgan 03-20-2012 06:59 AM

hi dude your cobra is very nice why did you loose it?

Dieselholic92 04-11-2012 11:44 AM

Since you're grouping Cudas and Challengers with pony cars (which they essentially are), you're saying that they aren't considered muscle cars? I think a lot of people would beg to differ

Bruzilla 04-13-2012 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by blue 68 gts (Post 83304)
Just so you know, Barracuda's came out BEFORE Mustangs did.

You are correct, the Barracuda did come out exactly two weeks before the Mustang, but Barracudas were still classified as Pony cars in the 1960s and 1970s.

Bruzilla 04-13-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dieselholic92 (Post 84660)
Since you're grouping Cudas and Challengers with pony cars (which they essentially are), you're saying that they aren't considered muscle cars? I think a lot of people would beg to differ

I believe many people would differ, but that doesn't change history. :) Muscle cars were originally full-sized cars that had been upgraded with performance options by the factory. Pony cars were compact cars, of which the Ford Mustang was way and by far the best seller in the category, which is why the title was used to first define performance/youth market compacts and later compacts with the Mustang look (long foredeck, short rear deck). The title pony car has fallen out of fashion today, but back in the mid-1960s through the early 1970s, it was a title that manufacturers, marketers, and owners applied to these cars.

Now it's seen as more cool to refer to your car as a muscle car since muscle sounds better than pony, but like I said... that doesn't change history. :) I'm sure the guys who want to relabel their pony cars as muscle cars also don't consider them to be compacts either. :)

Bruzilla 04-13-2012 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by 69POLARA383 (Post 83310)
Hater-aide....Haaaater-aaaide...water sucks, it really, really suuuuucks!!!!

I've learned over the years that most hate stems from ignorance, a fact which your post verifies very nicely. :) I'm just stating the facts. You seem to be the one with hate issues. :)

Dieselholic92 04-13-2012 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruzilla (Post 84719)
I believe many people would differ, but that doesn't change history. :) Muscle cars were originally full-sized cars that had been upgraded with performance options by the factory. Pony cars were compact cars, of which the Ford Mustang was way and by far the best seller in the category, which is why the title was used to first define performance/youth market compacts and later compacts with the Mustang look (long foredeck, short rear deck). The title pony car has fallen out of fashion today, but back in the mid-1960s through the early 1970s, it was a title that manufacturers, marketers, and owners applied to these cars.

Now it's seen as more cool to refer to your car as a muscle car since muscle sounds better than pony, but like I said... that doesn't change history. :) I'm sure the guys who want to relabel their pony cars as muscle cars also don't consider them to be compacts either. :)

Okay lets look at the qualifications. Full size muscle car: factory production car, big blocks available as option, front and rear seats, rear wheel drive, most offered with some sort of performance and appearance package, available with a 4 speed, wheel base over 110 inches, weighs over 3,500 pounds.

"Pony Car": factory production car, big blocks available as option, front and rear seats, rear wheel drive, most offered with some sort of performance and appearance package, available with a 4 speed, wheel base over 110 inches, weighs over 3,500 pounds.

I'd say that they pretty much meet the same criteria.

69POLARA383 04-13-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bruzilla (Post 84720)
I've learned over the years that most hate stems from ignorance, a fact which your post verifies very nicely. :) I'm just stating the facts. You seem to be the one with hate issues. :)

PPPPSSHSHHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

mikerp76 04-13-2012 07:08 PM

the first muscle car was the 64 pontiac gto which was a mid size car with a big engine stuffed in it. not all full sized car with big blocks were muscle cars. but all midsized cars with bigblocks were. case in point would you consider a crownvic station wagon with a big block a muscle car? but say a ford falcon with a bigblock would be a true muscle car. mid size and a big block.

69POLARA383 04-15-2012 07:09 AM

What would you call an AC Shelby Cobra?

mikerp76 04-15-2012 08:38 AM

which shelby are you talking about? the mustang or the original cobra. either way they could be classified as muscle cars today. but i'm not sure what they were calssified as when they were originally built. when it comes to cars the terms of of pony car and muscle car is a very fine line that gets blurred very easly. alot could depend on engine selection as well. my 93 mustang was far from a muscle car as you could get. but if you had one with a hopped up 302 then it could be classified as a muscle car.

todd383 04-22-2012 08:49 AM

Put a whipple S-C on that and have it dynoed tuned, and you will have a killer there. I bought one new in 03, did headers, whipple charger (2.3) and i think 16 lbs. of boost, and it was making 615 horse at the wheels, and it was runnin low 11s @ 125+ in the 1/4:swinging:

Nightmare 04-22-2012 12:43 PM

Lol@calling cudas & challengers pony cars

Justin Ward 04-23-2012 02:35 PM

I to am all mopar but I would love to take your mustang (on the track) ;) with my 02 camaro.

78D200 04-24-2012 04:15 AM

I've never been one to like the mustang (especailly the ones from the last 20 years) but I can respect a well built car any day of the week.

69POLARA383 04-24-2012 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Justin Ward (Post 85236)
I to am all mopar but I would love to take your mustang (on the track) ;) with my 02 camaro.

LOL, I had a 98 Camaro, that was my first car actually (that I bought myself). Loved em, superfast and looked mean, basically poor man's vette. I've been thinking about getting another one so I could complete my trifecta of American Muscle Cars!! I think the Mustang handles a bit better on road courses, drag may be a different story, you could probably get the stang as it sits now...check back in a few months, lol.

Nightmare 04-24-2012 07:41 AM

They did a top gear awhile back with the 2011 camaro,mustang,and challenger.

Mustang won the handling course
Camaro won the drag

And the rousch stage 3 and new boss 302 lost a relay race in the desert to 2 horses LOL