embarrassing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
embarrassing

Really need to fix my fuel gauge, just ran it out of gas. At least it was in the driveway lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
That would help! I don't know how many times I ran out of gas before I installed a fuel gauge on my scout. Only problem is I bought an auto-meter gauge for a GM on ebay, along with a monster tach and some other gauges for a heck of a deal, and it doesn't sinc very well with the sending unit. So when it says 3/4 tank you better put gas in it. I think ill leave it like that as an anti theft device.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Mopar Fan

lol, good idea!

I pulled it out to put plates on, let it run as I planned on going to get gas after I got them on, 1/2 through the job it died. Panic'd a bit until I looked at the filter, very EMPTY! lol.

I guess I'm glad it died in the drive instead of on the way.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Mopar Fanatic

The driveway is a good thing
Old 05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 68lover
Really need to fix my fuel gauge, just ran it out of gas. At least it was in the driveway lol.
does the guage work at all?
try giving power to the guage to see if it is faulty, if not, it is the sending unit in the tank
Old 05-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Mopar Fan

Yea I was planning to dink around with the sending unit, if you mess around with the ground it peaks the gauge so I figure the gauge is ok.

Temperature gauge is also out of commission, just another thing on my long list
Old 05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
You talk about embarrassing!!!! I was running at Pinks All Out and did my burnout and was staging my car and it just quit... It would turn over but not a bit of fire... You have seen the NAPA ad on TV where they push the car back off the line... Well that could have been me. Wife pulls the car back to the pits with the gold cart and I'm pissed... In front of 15,000 to 20,000 people and the dam car quits.... I go to checking and the fuel pump switch was OFF!!!!! I was working on something and turned it off and just had enough fuel to get there and do a burnout... I turned it on and headed back to try to make my run... Just got in line and pulled up when it was my turn and Rich gave me a thumbs up... Never did tell anyone what had happened until now!!!!! Now that was embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Mopar Fan

Oh man, I bet you were so glad when you realized what was wrong though.

Click, VROOM!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MReeves
You talk about embarrassing!!!! I was running at Pinks All Out and did my burnout and was staging my car and it just quit... It would turn over but not a bit of fire... You have seen the NAPA ad on TV where they push the car back off the line... Well that could have been me. Wife pulls the car back to the pits with the gold cart and I'm pissed... In front of 15,000 to 20,000 people and the dam car quits.... I go to checking and the fuel pump switch was OFF!!!!! I was working on something and turned it off and just had enough fuel to get there and do a burnout... I turned it on and headed back to try to make my run... Just got in line and pulled up when it was my turn and Rich gave me a thumbs up... Never did tell anyone what had happened until now!!!!! Now that was embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Mopar Fanatic

bit of good info on gauge problems

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/h...regulator.html
Old 05-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
idk, if this is more embarasing or scary lol, was going to get on the high way in the Polara one winter morning, and i guess i ddnt let the car warm up enough before i left, and i went go goose it on the ramp and it stalled out... =p