Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Good Morning Mopar Friends !!!!! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/good-morning-mopar-friends-22323/)

RacerHog 05-17-2019 02:37 PM

Good Morning Mopar Friends !!!!!

Good Morning Mopar Brothers and Sisters..... Please feel free to come on in and B.S. with us !!! This is an Extension to the " Good Morning" Thread that got too full.
We like to here whats on your mind. We love the treads you start about your car. But sometimes we just need to say Good Morning and Have a Cup Of Coffee !!!!
WELCOME: Mopar On....

Whats going on this weekend for you Folks????? This is what we got..... L8ER

http://nitrorevival.com/images/Nitro...l-2019-550.jpg

http://nitrorevival.com/

fivepoint 05-17-2019 03:24 PM

Hello Bob, I don't say much but I do check in on your thread to see whats happening on the west coast .I get a chuckle out of you and Iowan poke fun at each other.
Have a street rod show this weekend. Its finally dry and going to be in the 80's.

Iowan 05-17-2019 04:35 PM

I only give shit to those I like so Bob's on top of the list.🙂

Coronet 500 05-17-2019 05:32 PM

Geez, will you two get a room!

Had today off, had breakfast with my Granddaughter and some guy, I think it might have been my son. She is almost two. Got home had a nap then worked on the race car a little, good day.

Iowan 05-17-2019 05:57 PM

Starting the weekend of with extra eight year olds in the house, OH boy.

RacerHog 05-18-2019 06:53 AM

Good Morning Y'all.... Sip, Sip, Auhhhhhh, Good to the last drop (Coffee)...

Thanks Chief (FivePoint).. Always good to see and hear from you !!! Glad to hear your going to get that ride out and cruise it in some nice weather.. :)

Dan "HVAC" "Tin Knocker" (Coronet500) Nice to see you having a great time off and with the Kids out making memories. Neat that you have such a cool project brewing to go racing with the kids, I'm sure soon y'all will be Junior Dragsters. :)
One of these days hope to see you get that Coronet up and smoking down the road.... :)

Tom "Site Mod Smart Azz" (Iowan) Thanks for all you do here on the site. Hope to see you make some headway on your projects soon. That boy of yours is growing up fast !! Keep an eye on him, We dont want him to grow up being a potato farmer!! lol

Now I have to go get this ringing out of my ears from all the crap you guys are thinking... Hahahahahahaha

As for the rest of you out here in Mopar Land..... Mopar On !!!! L8ER.... :) :)

RacerHog 05-18-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 149164)
Starting the weekend of with extra eight year olds in the house, OH boy.

Go-Cart Time..... :)

Iowan 05-18-2019 07:50 AM

Potato farmer.......Reilly?

Bob are you thinking Idaho?

RacerHog 05-18-2019 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 149172)
Potato farmer.......Reilly?

Bob are you thinking Idaho?

No.... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... I might be moving there...

Iowan 05-18-2019 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 149181)
No.... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... I might be moving there...

Well thanks for the warning! 🙄

wreklus 05-18-2019 06:38 PM

New thread! Woop woop!

I'm potentially planning a trip to FL pretty soon here. Be nice to put some highway behind me again. I used to road trip a couple times a month, but life has interrupted that tradition for the past couple of years. I'm hoping to not only start doing it again, but bring it up to a new level by hitting new places and doing new things this year.
Buuut, I also need to finish my degree. So, we'll see what happens.

Moparod 05-18-2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by wreklus (Post 149190)
New thread! Woop woop!

I'm potentially planning a trip to FL pretty soon here. Be nice to put some highway behind me again. I used to road trip a couple times a month, but life has interrupted that tradition for the past couple of years. I'm hoping to not only start doing it again, but bring it up to a new level by hitting new places and doing new things this year.
Buuut, I also need to finish my degree. So, we'll see what happens.

You simply cannot go to Florida and not go to Ocala and visit Large Father's drag racing museum. I went a few years ago and could have spent the entire day. Even saw the man himself driving across the parking lot in his Ford coupe.

RacerHog 05-19-2019 06:30 AM

That Garlits Museum is on my bucket list.... :)

wreklus 05-20-2019 04:56 PM

That museum is a little too far out of my way this time, but that's definitely something I'll have to go see!
Thinking of motorsport things to travel for, I remember reading about a Nascar driving experience where they put you behind the wheel of a real cup car on a real track. I wonder if that's still a thing.

Iowan 05-22-2019 01:45 PM

Good afternoon everyone
We've got 70s and sunshine in northern Iowa today! And it's about time, it seems like are winter was longer this year because we skipped fall and just started with the nasty stuff and it's just let up.

I've got yard work this weekend I need to mow my lawn for the first time while this is the time I usually do this I have grass going to seed in some airas and some just an inch long. Go figure

So I hope everyone is on the move one way or another with there mopar projects, have a good one.

xaza 05-23-2019 05:04 AM

If it makes you feel any better, Aspen, CO was at 396" of snow this season and still getting more with a late season surge. In fact there are still some ski lifts open around the state. We managed to get away last weekend and caught a decent break in the weather for an incredible hike to Hanging Lake. Thought I would stop in and share a couple pictures.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...6ee73512ad.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...01752a93eb.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...dcb83b89f6.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...26f7e4c0b8.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...d00a27c35e.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...e0fb90d41d.jpg

RacerHog 05-23-2019 08:05 AM

Good Morning Mopar fans !!!!!!
Cool and Cloudy here in SO-CAL.... Waiting for the nice 4 day weekend to start for me... :)
L8ER !!!!

Iowan 05-23-2019 10:10 AM

Bob I'd like to thank you for starting this new thread, your old one was getting sketchy with 1700 posts and i see this going on with a few others with post counts in the 300s. I have emailed the powers above but haven't heard back.
Have a great day

Moparod 05-23-2019 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 149281)
Good afternoon everyone
We've got 70s and sunshine in northern Iowa today! And it's about time, it seems like are winter was longer this year because we skipped fall and just started with the nasty stuff and it's just let up.

I've got yard work this weekend I need to mow my lawn for the first time while this is the time I usually do this I have grass going to seed in some airas and some just an inch long. Go figure

So I hope everyone is on the move one way or another with there mopar projects, have a good one.

We've been in the 70's for almost 3 months now and I just mowed my yard for the 5th time this year. Small price to pay to not have to park the hotrod half the year...

Moparod 05-23-2019 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by wreklus (Post 149235)
That museum is a little too far out of my way this time, but that's definitely something I'll have to go see!
Thinking of motorsport things to travel for, I remember reading about a Nascar driving experience where they put you behind the wheel of a real cup car on a real track. I wonder if that's still a thing.

Yep, at least it's still on the schedule for Memphis- The Rusty Wallace Driving Experience.

Iowan 05-23-2019 12:32 PM

I remember reading a thread on another mopar site from a guy that was having trouble with justifying an old car I think he had a 69 or 70 RR. But only using it for a few months a year didn't make sense for the money or effort involved. I'd say if you don't enjoy it don't do it but for me even not driving them is still enjoyable. Just having a project to think about and plan or work on when you can is great. I think all of my adult life I've had a project car and I'm not going to stop now.

wreklus 05-23-2019 03:25 PM

The weather this year has been great so far. Very few cloudy weekends around here. I'm glad I finally get to take advantage and make a road trip!
To add to the project car discussion;
Even though I haven't hardly done any of my own work this last round of mods, I still really enjoy planning it all out. Some of my assumptions have already been blown away by reality in both good and bad ways. Knowing what I know now, I'll probably be waiting until I have an alternate daily driver and my own garage again before I do anymore major work. I feel like I missed out on so much and gained very little by paying someone else.
And, with AWD, I'd be happy to road trip my rig even in poor weather. I just love the process and the results too much for discomfort, frustration and inconvenience to stop me (though I will avoid those things at all cost, because I love me some comfort, haha!)
Lessons learned for me. For now, I hope everyone gets to enjoy the summer and that the speed gods are merciful to ya!

RacerHog 05-24-2019 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 149315)
Bob I'd like to thank you for starting this new thread, your old one was getting sketchy with 1700 posts and i see this going on with a few others with post counts in the 300s. I have emailed the powers above but haven't heard back.
Have a great day

Thanks Tom, I still seem to be having trouble with some of the other threads in also the same fashion. Not sure what it is. Tell (Mr.340 / Big Hammer) lol hello... :)
I think the issue came up when the last update was pushed in? Maybe we need to turn of or on in the new settings?
Keep us posted...

RacerHog 05-24-2019 08:11 AM

Good Morning Y'all
Going to be 70* and nice here in SO-CAL... I turned another year older yesterday.... :) Woooo Hooooo !!!! Oh, and I'm on the rite side of the dirt !!!!

Iowan 05-24-2019 08:38 AM

I've done the emails but not sure anyone is home. Lol

Iowan 05-24-2019 08:41 AM

Happy birthday Bob, it doesn't matter if it's a day late your still old! Hahahaha

Moparod 05-24-2019 10:38 AM

Have a happy one Bob! And like I say, any day you wake up bitchin' about something is a good day 'cause it means you woke up!

Moparod 05-24-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 149318)
I remember reading a thread on another mopar site from a guy that was having trouble with justifying an old car I think he had a 69 or 70 RR. But only using it for a few months a year didn't make sense for the money or effort involved. I'd say if you don't enjoy it don't do it but for me even not driving them is still enjoyable. Just having a project to think about and plan or work on when you can is great. I think all of my adult life I've had a project car and I'm not going to stop now.

Exactly. I won't own a car that's so valuable I'm afraid to drive it, otherwise it's just something else in the house I have to dust.. I do like to plan out builds, I've been thinking about what will probably be my last one and I decided that I want to incorporate my favorite thing about every one I've owned. The 4 speed from my Road Runner (make it a 5 speed though), the narrowed Dana 60 from my '70 'Cuda, the color of my Charger, etc.

RacerHog 05-24-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 149337)
Happy birthday Bob, it doesn't matter if it's a day late your still old! Hahahaha

Thanks Buddy !!!!!!

RacerHog 05-24-2019 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Moparod (Post 149340)
Have a happy one Bob! And like I say, any day you wake up bitchin' about something is a good day 'cause it means you woke up!

DAM RITE !!!! Thank You Sir... :)