Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   A little stoplight action (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/little-stoplight-action-2763/)

hypermite 04-11-2009 05:35 PM

A little stoplight action

I was headed home from work this morning after a long 12 hr. night shift, out on the highway I pulled up along side another guy from work ( he works in a different department, but as fellow Mopar nuts,we do know each other) I was driving my 2002 Mustang GT 5-speed, & he was in his 08 Hemi Charger RT, He's got a Mopar performance cold air intake & Borla cat back exhaust. I've got a BBK cold air intake & Flowmaster cat back. Anyway, we both pulled up to a red light at the same time, 7:00 AM on a Saturday & ZERO traffic. As the light went green we both eased out on part throttle, I heard him go full throttle about mid way into first and it was GAME ON ! The big HEMI pulled about a fender on me right from the start, but the 4.6 in the Mustang was hanging tough, when I shifted into second my front bumper was even with his front door. All the way through second the two cars were practically glued together, by the time we were hitting about 105 he had stretched his lead to about 3/4 of a car, my bumper was even with his rear tire. The next stoplight was coming up fast so we both let up & coasted to the intersection, he rolled down his window & gave me a thumbs up, I said " Hey man, that was pretty fun." & he shot back with " Not to bad for coming off graveyard." So I guess the HEMI took it, but I always really like a good close race.

78D200 04-11-2009 05:57 PM

Thats awesome!

Mr. Superbee 04-11-2009 07:12 PM

Nice!

I love a good race.

Red Devil 04-11-2009 07:21 PM

sweeeeeet! That says it all right there, Mopar or no Car!

rr69half6bbl 04-12-2009 03:45 AM

awsome, I love the start of a race, the hearts racin, then you nail it. I put a 6bbl on a buddys 70 bee ,440 4spd. when he picked it up. i followed him into town on his way home. at the light we lined up. took off, smoke was rollin, we went about half a block and shut it down, hit maybe 45. he went on and I went another 1/2 mile and turned around to go home, my cell goes off, its my wife, Im still turnin around in the parkin lot. yeah, where you at? the store ,Im coming back now, heh heh heh, well you better, our neighbor just called he heard on the cop scanner, you and a blue dodge where drag racing at 114-13 jctn. better get it home. So I tak it back home and put it up for a few days. I talked to my buddy later that night, asked him if he had any probs. gettting home, said no. I couldnt beleive that. within a minute of us taking off and shuttin down someone called the cops.

67 GTX 04-13-2009 08:00 AM

haha
i love a good race

hypermite 04-13-2009 11:47 AM

Even though I got my @ss handed to me, I'm still a MOPAR guy , so it's all good! Now, if I had been driving my Scamp, well.....It would have been a little different story ;).