oil through push rods

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oil through push rods

i bought some comp cams push rods for my indy ez heads & they have the oil through holes in them & since our b motors are oil through rocker shafts will that lower my oil pressure & feed to much oil to my lifters & cam ?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Mopar Lover

oil through pushrods

Strange that you ask this question. Or actually it's more like a coincedance (spelling?). I just took apart an '89 360 motor. It had the roller cam, throttle body, non-magnum of course. From all appearances it was totally factory original. What was strange was that it also had the oil through pushrods. The same deal as you are asking about. The rockers get the oil through the head/rocker shaft. So, I guess what I am saying is that the factory had this setup and it seemed to work ok. The only thing I am wondering about is why did they do this? I guess you would have to worry less about wear at the pushrod tip/rocker cup area (actually a somewhat problem area on stock mopars sometimes). So my answer to you is more of guess. I dont think you will loose much oil pressure. Maybe go with a high volume pump and watch whats going on after you fire it up.
(old set of valve covers with the top cut off and have a look-see whilst idling). Just my .02. Maybe others will chime in on this subject.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Mopar Lover

well i just sent a message to muscle motors

that's where i got them from . my main concern is being a hard revving motor up to 7000 rpm i don't want anything to go wrong that far up the rev range . i seen on a mopar muscle article they seized a rocker @ around 7000 rpm & blamed it on the loss of oil pressure from the push rods , & i know the push rods that came out of my engine were blocked off ones . mmm

on a different note i found a place called A&A transmissions & they have all the good bits for 904 & 727 transmissions . a good site .
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DK, I don't know if there's any difference in duty if parts come from Canada vs US, but if there is take a look at these guys. They pretty much copied A&A's stuff and the exchange rate might be a little better. I used parts from both in my tranny and which ever way you go it's good stuff.
http://www.tcsproducts.com/products.html
Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Mopar Lover

Thumbs up good one

thanks toad thats some good looking s#%t mate & good prices too .
Old 01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by toad490
DK, I don't know if there's any difference in duty if parts come from Canada vs US, but if there is take a look at these guys. They pretty much copied A&A's stuff and the exchange rate might be a little better. I used parts from both in my tranny and which ever way you go it's good stuff.
http://www.tcsproducts.com/products.html
what goodies did you use & what would you recommend ? i don't have a unlimited budget but I'd love to get the most weight saving & friction saving as i can for least amount of money .
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DK, tcs has a package to lighten things, with ally drums and a light sun shell that will take just over seven pounds off the rotating weight. They recommended the steel front drum for a street driven car so I went with that. I put their sportsman planetaries in mine but they make some that are less than half the price that will take alot more hp than stock. It all depends on how much power you'll be making and how much you want to spend, I built mine to take 1000hp+. I started with a empty case so we put about everything they made in it and a few things from A&A that they didn't make at the time. The guy who built my tranny was very impressed with their stuff and they're good to talk to.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by deadkelly
i bought some comp cams push rods for my indy ez heads & they have the oil through holes in them & since our b motors are oil through rocker shafts will that lower my oil pressure & feed to much oil to my lifters & cam ?
it shouldnt affect anything
same thing happened to me when I rebuilt my motor