Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Price of an unmolested 1968 Dodge Charger? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/price-unmolested-1968-dodge-charger-1025/)

Bowtie Bob 05-07-2008 08:53 PM

Price of an unmolested 1968 Dodge Charger?

I have come across one of the ultimate Mopar gearheads dream...a 1968 Dodge Charger with every option available, equipped with a 383 and an automatic. The car was purchased new by the current owner, always kept in his garage, and driven until the early 70's at which time it was put back into his climate controlled garage and parked. It has 60k miles.

The car has not been started or moved until about a month ago when the owner was convinced to let me push it out of the garage to inspect it. It was not started...only pushed out, and then pushed back into the garage. The body is perfect, the original paint is perfect, the interior is perfect and everything is original. This car has never been abused and all service was performed by the local Dodge dealer where it was purchased new.

When I opened the doors it still had the new car smell! Bucket seats, center console with shifter, A/C, cruise control, power everything, and every other factory option available that year, all on a base 1968 Dodge Charger..not an RT or LE model. The car is unmolested, totally OE and perfect. I have all the paperwork documenting everything on the car from the day the factory order was placed back in 1967 until today. It's bronze (gold?) in color with a black vinyl roof and light tan interior. Remember, they only paint them at the factory once!

Any ideas on its value? I'm a Chevy guy who stumbled upon it but couldn't turn it down. I must admit it is a bitchin' car!

TeeWJay426 05-08-2008 07:10 AM

If it's that original, and it's in that good a shape, I'd say 25K MINIMUM..... the 68's are very popular and command some pretty good money, although the overall market is soft right now. Also depends on whether it's a 2 or 4 barrel version of the 383. Check the VIN; 5th character is a G for the 2 barrel, and an H for the 4 barrel. The 4 barrel will command a few more dollars over the 2 barrel version. Let us know what the outcome is, and if you can get pics, post 'em up!

Bowtie Bob 05-09-2008 09:23 PM

Pictures of an unmolested 1968 Dodge Charger!

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures I took when I first found it...

TeeWJay426 05-11-2008 09:05 AM

Very nice. The only flaw I could see in those pics, which are by no means comprehensive, was some dents in the rear valance. Did you get to check on which 383 was in it?

Bowtie Bob 05-11-2008 09:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes, it is the 335 hp 383 4 bbl w/727 automatic. It does have two dents in the rear valance and that's the only dents.

sbklf 05-18-2008 05:21 AM

Wow, what a find. How much does the guy want?