Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Thats no challenger, ITS A MOPAR (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/thats-no-challenger-its-mopar-6801/)

mopardrt 07-07-2010 12:30 PM

Thats no challenger, ITS A MOPAR

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...NEWS/100709934 ma MOPAR is making a COME BACK go fiat deal go :D

1966sportfury 07-07-2010 12:54 PM

did you read some of the comments on the lower section of that page?

Zach8200 07-07-2010 01:26 PM

That is kind of funny they would do somthing that dumb especially when Chevy and Ford both have cars out that have more performance to them than what there offering.

RROriginals 07-07-2010 07:52 PM

We have one of those at our Scott's Volkswagen dealership. the sticker price is $40,000 even.

1972GoldDuster 07-08-2010 12:12 AM

Hate to say it but I am not liking the wheels and random blue stripe. Chrysler dealership down my street still has the three new Challenger R/T's from 2009. I thought Challengers would be a great hit but I see more Camaro's now.

mopardrt 07-08-2010 12:29 PM

come on people there trying thats all that matters and it shows that MOPARS NOT DEAD

Ellis Wyatt 07-09-2010 03:55 PM

I'll argue that point. Just because Ma Mopar is turning something out, doesn't mean its good. It seriously looks like a room full of cock-eyed accountants and second graders came up with the "custom" paint and trim in order to promote sales and save costs.

The new Challengers are great, but the price tag is restrictive, and they don't have enough horsepower/torque. Compared to the new Mustang/Camaro options, I (and may I be struck dead for saying this) would probably buy a new Mustang over the Challenger for sheer bang-for-your-buck factor.

1966sportfury 07-09-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ellis Wyatt (Post 50081)
I'll argue that point. Just because Ma Mopar is turning something out, doesn't mean its good. It seriously looks like a room full of cock-eyed accountants and second graders came up with the "custom" paint and trim in order to promote sales and save costs.

The new Challengers are great, but the price tag is restrictive, and they don't have enough horsepower/torque. Compared to the new Mustang/Camaro options, I (and may I be struck dead for saying this) would probably buy a new Mustang over the Challenger for sheer bang-for-your-buck factor.

must be a chevy guy

scotts74birds 07-09-2010 05:44 PM

Welcome Ellis. As a Chrysler employee....I gotta admit that while the Challenger is a fine car.....It is unfortunately built on the pre-existing LX platform. Ferd and Cheby were given a clean-sheet with which to start. Were it not for that compromise, the Chally wouldnt have happened at ALL! Having never driven any of them, I cant say whos best. But the Chally is a BIG car! Ferd is doing some amazing stuff with the new V6 in the Stang, and Cheby powertrains are equally impressive. Maybe with the next evolution of the LX platform we can get the weight down and solve some of the issues that came from adapting a platform that was never designed with the Chally in mind.

Ellis Wyatt 07-09-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1966sportfury (Post 50085)
must be a chevy guy

HA-HA Fury. :o

mopardrt 07-09-2010 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by scotts74birds (Post 50090)
Welcome Ellis. As a Chrysler employee....I gotta admit that while the Challenger is a fine car.....It is unfortunately built on the pre-existing LX platform. Ferd and Cheby were given a clean-sheet with which to start. Were it not for that compromise, the Chally wouldnt have happened at ALL! Having never driven any of them, I cant say whos best. But the Chally is a BIG car! Ferd is doing some amazing stuff with the new V6 in the Stang, and Cheby powertrains are equally impressive. Maybe with the next evolution of the LX platform we can get the weight down and solve some of the issues that came from adapting a platform that was never designed with the Chally in mind.

well put sir and thanks for serving the chrysler :D