Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://moparforums.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   1966 Plymouth Cuda. (https://moparforums.com/forums/f66/1966-plymouth-cuda-6953/)

RROriginals 07-21-2010 08:49 PM

1966 Plymouth Cuda.

3 Attachment(s)
Well since I posted the Roadrunner, might aswell post the Cuda.

This one needs A LOT of work. All the body work is done.

New floor pans, NO rust or rot anywhere on this car, solid as can be.
Needs all around brakes, drive shaft, fuel cell, some trim, interior installation, engine + tranny installation, tires, new hubs to mount the tires, ratchet shifter, clutch, brake lines, parking brake.

The car came complete with everything, just not bolted on, I have new badges, cranks, panels, the seats are old, but I have a nice bucket racing seat for it, a street steering wheel aswell.

mopardrt 07-22-2010 04:46 AM

going to look cool used to hate that body style but has since grown on me

RROriginals 07-22-2010 04:15 PM

I don't really like how it looks from the back, but looking at it from the side/front I appreciate it a bit more.

lou3500 07-22-2010 05:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
You don't have a 66 cuda front clip on that it looks like a dart front clip to me check out the photos of mine hood looks different and so do the fenders i could be wrong. Looks like a solid project to me good luck have fun with it.

RROriginals 07-22-2010 09:56 PM

I thought I had mentioned, actually I did, on "Off topic" it was "Cuda with a dart nose?", it has a '66 Dodge Dart front clip assembly.

67 GTX 07-23-2010 08:03 PM

why are you going to put a fuel cell in it?

RROriginals 07-23-2010 09:25 PM

Well, the guy we bought it off of already has a space for the fuel cell in the trunk and all the lines, No gas tank came with it, so we just decided for a fuel cell, this isn't going to be a daily driver at all, just something to show Wednesday and Friday nights at the park and clubs

RROriginals 08-04-2010 04:34 PM

Been rebuilding the engine, repainting the valve covers, put the intake manifold, carb, distrib on, rented out a garage for $120/month. Having a hard time though, the guy gave us the engine and all, but no bolts for anything so we have to go and order/find them. Hopefully going to have the engine and trans in the car by say... Monday? Tons of pics to come.

67 GTX 08-06-2010 03:11 PM

what bolts are you missing?

MReeves 08-08-2010 04:06 AM

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!

RROriginals 08-08-2010 08:21 AM

I'm missing pretty much every single one. Going through all the parts to count how many per part and which ones so I can have them ordered.

Still on the search for a 'Cuda or Valiant bumper to put on.

Ran into a slight problem with the fuel cell, the one that fits the space is too tall for the trunk, so I need to cut into the wall of the trunk and extend a bracket for it to fit easily. Otherwise it'll be slanted, also the drums do NOT fit back over the hub, I've tried 9inch and 10inch, no luck and it doesn't look to be an 11inch but I could be wrong.