Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://moparforums.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   1967 Bright Blue Coronet R/T (https://moparforums.com/forums/f66/1967-bright-blue-coronet-r-t-17763/)

BBishere2 09-05-2014 06:55 PM

1967 Bright Blue Coronet R/T

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 9079

Attachment 9080

This is my first MOPAR in years - these are the 'before' photos - the finished product will hopefully look much better!

Coronet 500 09-06-2014 05:53 AM

Can you tell us what the drive train is and your plans for it?

TVLynn 09-06-2014 12:54 PM

RT it should have a 440

BBishere2 09-25-2014 09:00 PM

It has a '72 440 smog motor / 727 automatic / 3.23 open 8-3/4 diff rear end - is what I'm starting with - it already has Chrysler electronic ignition and I believe a newer style alternator w/ electronic voltage regulator - flowmaster exhaust - this is the starting point.

I plan to build up the motor with around 500 HP - Edelbrock top-end kit - Keith Black pistons - have the block deck height cut down to get the compression up around 10:1 - in preliminary talks with the machine shop - they want to put a little more camshaft in it to get some more HP out of it - Eagle Rods, Harland Sharp rockers, hemi oil pan - TTI headers - transmission will be gone thru - a new higher stall converter - I want to take the console out and replace the stock buckets with high backs, then drop in a B&M shifter - the rear end needs a sure-grip unit and will change the gears to 3.73's - maybe go up to 3.91's but don't want to get any higher than that - was planning on putting in the SS rear leafs, but I've decided on the HD rear leafs, as this isn't going to see any real drag strip action - just a cruiser - however, I do plan to put a line-lock on it - to play with for some serious burn outs... First thing I'm doing to it is to get the doctor diff HD front disc brake conversion kit and new rear brakes - replace the front steering pieces - new Bilstiens all the way around - change over the Magnum 500s to some Weld Pro-Stars - going from 14" wheels to 15" wheels.

It'll get painted and the top replaced - the C pillar on the left has rust at the bottom - a typical trouble spot for these - most of the chrome is pitted, so will have to address that with the body shop - either replate or powder coat it - that's pretty much the plan - I'm sure there will be some variations along the way - haven't decided what blue to paint it - either stay with the bright blue, go with Foose Huntington Blue Pearl - or (this is sacrilege - G7H Laguna Blue Pearl - a 2014 Corvette color) -

Open to suggestions as this is the first project I've worked on in decades and a lot has changed since my last hot rod - a '69 Plymouth Road Runner back in the '70's!

TVLynn 09-25-2014 09:51 PM

I always preferred the magnum 500 wheels. They are available in 15"

BBishere2 01-30-2016 08:27 PM

I don't care for the Magnum 500 wheels - thought about going to Cragar SS, which was more common for the period, but after seeing a few Coronets with those - which looked good - I think I'll stay with the Weld Pro-Stars because of the flat style spokes, to me, look better on the Coronet than the round style spokes on the Cragars. Just my opinion.