Member's Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting!!

Powerwagon Project

Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowan
You need a swing down step on each side powered by an air, electric or hydraulic actuator.

I know
That would be cool actually.

Marty
Old 04-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 496 Likes on 479 Posts
You could trigger it with a power door lock remote or with the door locks.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Been awhile since I posted. Delays as usual. Two week delay waiting for parts. Sat in customs for a week...grrr. But finally here and truck goes back into the main shop this afternoon. Interior of bed is being finished and the running boards will then be finished. Passenger and driver's window and hardware going in for a check. A couple of little welding jobs left inside cab. Then it's time to pull her apart and start prep for the paint. With any luck and no delays, the pull apart might be ready to start late next week or early the following week. I don't get too excited until it actually happens. Watched deadlines come and go throughout the whole project...but pretty sure this will be ready for the road sometime in June. As for paint, it will be green body with black fenders and running boards. We discussed options and I've decided to go with a Rhino type product where the paint gets mixed in. Thought long and hard about this and finally decided the benefits are good. No worries about scratching it during offroad travels, no waxing needed, and it saves about $5000 in bodywork. The attached picture shows a hood from a logging truck done in British racing green. I'm thinking the military green which is a bit darker. we shall see.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-.png  
Old 04-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 359 Likes on 333 Posts
I LOVE that green colour, I'm a crazy about green guy. When I painted the Coronet I went with the 1974 Chrysler Dark Green Metallic which looks close to that in the photo.

I really like the mix idea for a working truck and saving bucks is a bonus. I really like the black fender/running board idea too. This beast will look classy.

Saw a neat bumper sticker on a Dodge 3500 like ours said "Just Tuggin' Stuff".

I love working trucks not the parking lot queens my son sees coming into the dealership he works at all the time. Laughable F 150's with lift and big tires taking out the wheel bearings every 6 months not even working without a scratch in the bed!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Working on bed seams.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-d.jpg   Powerwagon Project-e.jpg   Powerwagon Project-i.jpg   Powerwagon Project-c.jpg   Powerwagon Project-b.jpg  

Powerwagon Project-j.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
RacerHog (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
[QUOTE=Coronet 500.
I love working trucks not the parking lot queens my son sees coming into the dealership he works at all the time. Laughable F 150's with lift and big tires taking out the wheel bearings every 6 months not even working without a scratch in the bed![/QUOTE]

I agree, a truck is made to work. I often wondered how does a lease work for a pickup. If you use it much at all, its bound to get some scratches.

Truck is looking great. looking forward to seeing the finished truck.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
around 1999 or 2000 i bought a 57 f100 that was a basket case built it had a lot of help but like you most times it was by myself.I admire what you have done so far and wish you luck on the rest of your journey my friend.one thing to remember DESIRE is king.the joy we had with that truck was priceless.it still was a go not a show at 10.000 invested but our time with it many miles we drove it was awesome.will follow you on this step.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:59 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Thanks. Wish I could take credit for all the work...but I can't. Found an excellent shop that took on the project for me. Oh...I helped rip apart both trucks and help out where I can, but my skills are limited. I'm good at research, ordering parts and writing cheques. But I spend as much tI me in the shop as possible to help out where I can and learn. Getting close to the end.
Marty
t65fury3 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
Looking Awesome....
Old 05-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Bed pulled apart to finish off crossmember mounts. Completed...bed back together. Next...install rear fenders and finish running boards.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-06.jpg   Powerwagon Project-09.jpg   Powerwagon Project-010.jpg   Powerwagon Project-02.png   Powerwagon Project-01.png  

t65fury3 (05-06-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 12:47 AM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by Leem
Bed pulled apart to finish off crossmember mounts. Completed...bed back together. Next...install rear fenders and finish running boards.

Marty
so sweet wow looks great keep the pics coming
Old 05-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Covered to keep dust off new seats. Sat and talked with shop owner today. Things have really slowed down. Won't be finished on planned schedule. They have many regular clients that must be serviced and shop is short-staffed. Dennis, while he has his new leg, is not ready to come back yet. They are looking at bringing in an experienced body man when mine gets stripped down. The guy who has been working on mine is good at fabricating. He has done all the custom work on the PW. He can do bodywork, but by his own admittance that is not his really strong suit. I've blown through my budget big time. But the shop owner is going to allow me to carry a balance. Not only will he do that, but he isn't going to charge interest nor will he put a lien on the vehicle. As he said to me, "I don't look at you as just a customer anymore, but as a friend. And a handshake is all it takes." Hard to find guys like him anymore.
Also, after more discussion, we have decided to go back to just paint and only do the rockguard on fenders and running boards. I may have to come totally out of retirement for a year...lol

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-2000.jpg  
Old 05-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Working on rear fenders.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-2004.jpg   Powerwagon Project-2003.jpg   Powerwagon Project-2002.jpg   Powerwagon Project-2001.jpg  
Old 06-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Well...as usual..things slowed right down the last month. Shop is down to one guy at the moment. Dennis is hopefully returning to work this week after a lengthy rehabilitation with his new leg. Work started up again today. Fine tuning the running boards. I'm sure there will be more delays, but I have come to expect that. Just have to be patient. Hard at times, but we are getting there.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-aaaaaaa.jpg   Powerwagon Project-aaaaaa.jpg   Powerwagon Project-aaaaaaaa.jpg   Powerwagon Project-aaaaa.jpg  
Old 06-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Mopar Fan

omg slow and steady wins the race its awesome congrats on your build.i know its been slow my car is on hold for now my mom died and its been a wild ride here but i believe me are getting near the end wed is the funeral.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by t65fury3
omg slow and steady wins the race its awesome congrats on your build.i know its been slow my car is on hold for now my mom died and its been a wild ride here but i believe me are getting near the end wed is the funeral.
Sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose a lived one...especially a Mom.
t65fury3 (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 04:27 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by Leem
Sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose a lived one...especially a Mom.
thank you so much
Old 06-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Mopar Lover

Sorry For your loss...
Prayers...
Old 06-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Rear fender brackets fabricated. What's left before tear down? Cap ends of running boards. Bit of work left on rear fenders. Some adjusting of hood latches. Fabricate box to hold both batteries. Originally we were going to have access to the batteries through the box floor. But we have since decided to locate them in a box on the driver's side running board. I looked around for old military boxes but could not find one big enough to hold both batteries. Soooo....not too far from tear down, but something always seems to come up.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-1112.jpg   Powerwagon Project-1113.jpg   Powerwagon Project-1114.jpg   Powerwagon Project-1111.jpg  
Old 06-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by RacerHog
Sorry For your loss...
Prayers...
you haved help me so much with my 65 fury and now offering me condolences thank you so much words can't describe how lucky i am to have talk to such nice people
Old 06-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Spare tire carrier mounted, mockup of box for batteries, getting ready to modify and place gas can holder, and a little custom work between cab and box to hide frame.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-dd.jpg   Powerwagon Project-ff.jpg   Powerwagon Project-aa.jpg   Powerwagon Project-bb.jpg   Powerwagon Project-cc.jpg  

Old 06-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

I lost mom in 03 her number is still in my phone, sorry for your loss.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Mopar Lover

Really taking shape now !!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Yep I'm looking forward to it done!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Things have come to a screeching halt. Shop just has one guy working right now. Dennis returned for a couple of days but is still not ready to get back at it full time. What's left? Just a bit of work on battery box and fit all window mechanisms and glass to make sure all work properly. Then pull apart. Even if all was ready to pull apart, we have been under serious threat of fire in our region over the last couple of weeks. Evacuation alert just a few miles south of the shop. We have plans to remove the truck if the situation were to become really serious. That fire nearest to us has been knocked down by two thirds and it looks like we have dodged, no pun intended, a bullet. But serious fires burning elsewhere in our region forcing thousands to evacuate. Things are so dry and we have had little rain. What rain we have had is usually accompanied by lightning which has been the cause of many of the fires. So instead of truck pictures today, I have downloaded a few shots of fires in our region. None of them are my photos. Wish I could take credit for the one of the plane.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-fire1.png   Powerwagon Project-fire2.png   Powerwagon Project-fire3.png  
Old 07-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Mopar Lover

Wow... Prayers all turns out ok... Keep us up dated.... Those photos are awesome....
Old 07-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Well, we dodged a bullet so far in our near vicinity. The two fires nearest me are somewhat under control. Still going to be sketchy the rest of the summer and still many people out of their homes.
Update on truck. Battery box finished...just need to add locking mechanism. New tires and wheels arrived and we mounted them this morning. Shop working on window mechanisms today. Very, very close to pull apart. Of course, shop is still operating with one guy for at least a couple more weeks and he has holidays coming up, so we shall see how far we get by the end of August.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-904.jpg   Powerwagon Project-905.jpg   Powerwagon Project-900.jpg   Powerwagon Project-902.jpg  
Old 07-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Mopar Lover

All I can say is WOW !!!! Marty
Old 08-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Sorry I haven't posted updates in awhile. Not much happening as shop is still running with one guy. Still looking for experienced help. Owner has been out of shop all summer working on another aspect of his business. So little things get done on mine when time permits. Fine tuned rear fender brackets, added braces under hood to make more rigid and fabricated a protective cover for power steering lines. Slow....but getting there. Wish I knew how to upload video.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails Powerwagon Project-august1.jpg   Powerwagon Project-august3.jpg   Powerwagon Project-august2.jpg   Powerwagon Project-august4.jpg  
Old 08-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Mopar Fan

awesome really its awesome

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Powerwagon Project