Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Wheel and Tires (https://moparforums.com/forums/f69/)
-   -   Not sure what kind of rims I have. (https://moparforums.com/forums/f69/not-sure-what-kind-rims-i-have-20204/)

D4Dartswinger 04-05-2017 05:53 PM

Not sure what kind of rims I have.

1 Attachment(s)
so I have the day off tomorrow and want to clean my car a bit. My rims neeed some attention so I wanted to go and get the correct cleaner and what not I need. Dammit. Not sure how to post pics

RacerHog 04-05-2017 06:35 PM

Soap and water and some good old elbow grease should do it.... :)
Welcome to the site... :)

Look under avatar and pictures...

D4Dartswinger 04-05-2017 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 139038)

Haha thanks. I wanted to post a pic of my rims because I don't want to get the wrong cleaner but just any soap would work?

D4Dartswinger 04-05-2017 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 139038)

I made a thread a while ago and you were really helpful thanks again. Also if it isn't too much of a loaded thread lol was wondering your opinion on me going from a 2 barrel carb to a four? My issue is I'm already burning up gas and I know I need to replace or at least rebuild the carb I have but my buddy's telling me how it would drive smoother and faster with the 4 barrel but my main priority is gas rn

RacerHog 04-06-2017 11:25 AM

Ya,,, Fuel mileage is becoming more of an issue now days.... The fuel we get just doesn't go as far as it use too. The 2 barrel is still your best bet for mileage.. No more that an RV cam are as far as cams go for that. But thats just my 2 cents.
But if you have to or looking to up grade... Sill go a small rv cam and maybe a holley 650cfm or 770 street avenger. Only use a vacuum secondary carb.

But if your getting like 12-16 MPG... Your not doing all so bad... Now if its down to around 8-9MPG... You got room for improvement.

Good Luck on the wheel cleaning... Hope they look nice when your done.. :)

fivepoint 04-06-2017 05:26 PM

Simple Green is a good all around cleaner for those rims. I use it for a lot of projects around the house. It cuts road grime pretty good. A small four barrel carb will be good as long as you keep your foot out of it. The aftermarket throttle body systems are good too. I am trying to convince myself to upgrade to that but I am a tightwad and cant pry open the wallet.

Iowan 04-07-2017 02:50 PM

Any paint safe weel cleaner will work, then letter rip tatter chip. Hahaha:)