Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   2002 Voyager brakes and engine cutout problem (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/2002-voyager-brakes-engine-cutout-problem-281/)

ettienne 07-15-2007 04:50 AM

2002 Voyager brakes and engine cutout problem

I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager eC SWB with a 2.4 engine.
75K miles and serviced every 3K by a Chrysler dealer.

There are 2 problems:

1. Brakes seem to fade out when stopped at a traffic light. The car stops fine at a traffic light, but when the A/C compressor engages or disengages the car lurches forward even if the brake pedal is pressed down as hard as possible. The brake pads were replaced less than 2 years ago and have about 80% lining on them, the brake fluid level is good.

2. The engine cuts out at low speeds, like when driving in a parking lot. There is no missing or uneven running, the engine just dies, mostly when you take your foot off the accellarator.
The egine starts up fine after that and may cut out again soon after that, or not cut out again.

ucfierocharger 07-15-2007 09:19 AM

your first problem sounds like you have air in your break lines. Does the pedal feel like a sponge when you step on it? or is it very solid? if there is air in the lines, it could still read that the level is full.

the second one, it sounds like you have a bad sensor or vaccuum leak. Probably one for the fuel system, but its difficult to say without knowing the engine and with that information alone. ( I dont knwo anything about the 2.4L engine, other than the spark plugs are a pain to change :D)

auggie56 09-22-2007 06:12 PM

On your first question, how long have you owned this van ? Has this condition always been there ?
I know the engine speeds up when the AC clutch kicks in. That might be what your feeling.

Second question is I'd get computer diagnosis done. You may have a problem there.