Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Any benefits to running two gas lines to carb? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/any-benefits-running-two-gas-lines-carb-1990/)

whbballer48 12-17-2008 08:56 AM

Any benefits to running two gas lines to carb?

I have a 650 cfm double pumper holley carb on my 71 340 Duster. I have a single fuel line running from my fuel cell to my carb. It splits into two seperate lines just above my valve covers. Are there any benefits of running two lines from my fuel cell to my carb? I have an extra spot to run another fuel line from my fuel cell but im wondering if it will help me performance wise. Thanks!

78D200 12-17-2008 10:16 AM

Welcome to the forum!

It will help you burn through more gas, maybe flood your carb. Unless you are running a performance motor and that carb really need to have that much fuel, there is no reason for you to install a second line. Other reason to install it is if the second line feeds that side of the carb with fuel.

whbballer48 12-18-2008 03:56 AM

what do you mean by that last part? " Other reason to install it is if the second line feeds that side of the carb with fuel" right now my FUel line is shaped like an F the gas line splits but keeps going straight so the split gas lines stay on the same side. I got a 340 engine

78D200 12-18-2008 06:52 AM

I thought I remember reading somewhere that some carbs that are set up to receive two fuel lines actually need to have two fuel lines as one line feeds one bowl and the other feeds the other bowl.

Crazy4Carz.Com 12-18-2008 02:07 PM

Waste of time, effort and money on your appication. I am running two 650 cfm carbs on this late model hemi with one electric fuel pump and one line. I have a second line supplying the Nitrous regulator/system. I am making about 1000 Flywheel HP. On motor only I am making ~600 on a single line. ~440hp on spray.

69 Mopar Maniac 01-01-2009 07:54 AM

Well it's a tricky question but I run only one line and usually run a lean mixture on a Carter 600 cfm on top of a 66 - 383.

There always seems to be the tempation to over carb your car when it does not need it. If you are running 300+ I think you are just fine. I'm assuming you are not running over that with your 340?

As you probably know the 340 was a great engine right out of the box with stock 275 HP.

Treasure that little engine Mopar did not come up with another great small block performer until the introduction in 2002 of the 4.7 (287 Cu In.) with stock aluminum heads and a girdle on the bottom end pumping out 230 H.P. In 2008 it was up to 302 HP.

Going to stuff one in an A-Body yet as it is light, powerful, high reving, and fuel injected.

Sorry for getting off track guys.