Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Dropped sawginaw pump fitting. will it still work? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/dropped-sawginaw-pump-fitting-will-still-work-19948/)

dodgem880 12-27-2016 08:47 PM

Dropped sawginaw pump fitting. will it still work?

3 Attachment(s)
Duh! I can't believe I did this. I knew I should have stopped for the night.

I needed to swap my old fitting to my re-maned power steering pump. The new pump came with a extra o-ring so I proceed to remove the one on my old fitting using a pick... the o-ring pulled the whole fitting out of my hand and shot it to the (concert ) floor. Now the tube end that presses again the flow piston has dent. It actually had a sharp burr but, I pressed it against a flat piece of metal and turned it by hand until it quit scratching the metal. Now, I don't fill a burr, but a slight high spot.

What are the chances of this fitting still working? I mean that tube has a hole drilled in the side of it so it must not need a 100% seal against the flow piston but, I could be wrong.

The interesting thing is that the flow piston is all scratched on the old pump as if someone had screw in a fitting with a burred up tube. This pump still worked before I pulled it. Worn out and noisy but it worked.

I just wanted some input before I go and put the damaged fitting in.

I figure I have three choices:
Try the fitting (Why not? What's it gonna do? Not work?)
Hunt down a new fitting (yay sounds fun..)
Have my custom hose reworked to use the fitting from the new pump.

Man.. can't believe that happened. I'm going to bed.

RacerHog 12-28-2016 10:29 AM

Nothing between the piston and the fitting as far as I remember......
I'm sure your safe to use it without any issue...

:)

dodgem880 12-28-2016 03:37 PM

Yeah, nothing in between. I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

Thanks