Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Hood pop up spring Dodge Tradesman B200 (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/hood-pop-up-spring-dodge-tradesman-b200-20780/)

Timbo 10-10-2017 01:06 PM

Hood pop up spring Dodge Tradesman B200

Hi all. Can anyone give me a rough idea on the size of the hood pop up spring for a B200? I need one, asap - I won't pass my MOT without one, or a similar part!
Thanks, Timbo

fivepoint 10-10-2017 06:49 PM

Sorry cant help you on the spring. Just curious, what is a MOT?

TVLynn 10-10-2017 07:18 PM

some sort of vehicle inspection in the UK

Timbo 10-10-2017 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by fivepoint (Post 141484)
Sorry cant help you on the spring. Just curious, what is a MOT?

Originally Posted by TVLynn (Post 141486)
some sort of vehicle inspection in the UK

That's right - it's an annual safety inspection carried out on all vehicles over 3 years old. I need to put my van through, in order to get a UK version of your title - we call them log books.

fivepoint 10-11-2017 02:34 PM

I had an idea it was a kind of inspection. It must be a tough inspection to pass if a hood spring will fail it. There are a lot of vehicles here that wouldn't have a chance. I would be happy if everyone would have liability insurance. My state requires it but its not very well enforced. Good luck with your spring and inspection.

Timbo 10-11-2017 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by fivepoint (Post 141503)
I had an idea it was a kind of inspection. It must be a tough inspection to pass if a hood spring will fail it. There are a lot of vehicles here that wouldn't have a chance. I would be happy if everyone would have liability insurance. My state requires it but its not very well enforced. Good luck with your spring and inspection.

We have cameras that detect if we have Tax, MOT and Insurance! If you get caught without - big fines and driving bans! Cheers, I'm sure I'll find something . . . :)