Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Rear Knocking Noise (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/rear-knocking-noise-20643/)

Morad23 08-25-2017 11:49 PM

Rear Knocking Noise

Dodge Charger 2012 SXT 103,011km

Ladies and Gentlemen..

This issue literally has made me gone crazy! Basically, the rear passenger seat side or sometimes the trunk (Where the noise can be heard from) has started to make a knocking sound. It sounds like as if someone is knocking on a plastic door or something like that TUK TUK sound. The sound can be heard from the rear right side only.. The sound usually comes when reversing (when the car pushes backwards few seconds), idling speed (Only when moving forward few seconds) or when car is nearly at complete stop (Sometimes). But the main problem is that sometimes there is no sound at all! It goes for few days then decides to come back and annoy my life again. Usually comes when the car is hot or driving for long, and some other times the sound is completely gone. Could it be right rear wheel bushings are dry and needs lubrications? The car drives smoothly, shifts gear beautifully and all readings are perfect. There is nothing wrong, just that rear right wheel side decides to have fits at times.. i guess it needs a divorce. Thanks a lot guys!

Iowan 08-26-2017 07:46 AM

I would be looking at the joints in the axel shafts.:)

RacerHog 08-26-2017 08:43 AM

Start taking it apart until you find it.. But I have not heard of that type of noise being described...

Keep us posted......:)

Morad23 08-26-2017 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 141007)
I would be looking at the joints in the axel shafts.:)

took it to a garage and they adviced me to buy grease and lift the car up.. once lifted, apply grease on all joints, rubbers, arms and everything... thank god its not the diffs!

Iowan 08-26-2017 03:04 PM

They just didn't want to deal with it!