Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   T&C Track Off and ABS lights stay on. (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/t-c-track-off-abs-lights-stay-1980/)

StanH 12-15-2008 02:55 PM

T&C Track Off and ABS lights stay on.

What could be the extent of the problem when my "Track Off" and ABS light are on. The track button on the steering column doesn't do anything. The dealer recently installed new brake pads. 2005 T&C 58,000 miles. Stan Hilliard

challenger 12-15-2008 05:19 PM

your dealer could of broke a sensor or something ,,, is it off at all even when you restart the thing or does it just pop on all the time ?... the track off is for traction control so do you really have it on there or is it just a dummy button if you have it then its not working :( and id take it back to your dealer and tell him to repair it if it was working before

StanH 12-15-2008 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by challenger (Post 9341)
your dealer could of broke a sensor or something ,,, is it off at all even when you restart the thing or does it just pop on all the time ?

I mentioned it to the dealer originally and he said that he only put new pads on the front and that ABS is only on the back wheels. I didn't mention the track-off light to him because I hadn't noticed it yet. The ABS light goes off sometimes, but is on most of the time now. Initially it only came on intermittently.

... the track off is for traction control so do you really have it on there or is it just a dummy button if you have it then its not working :(

I have it. I initially thought that traction control and ABS were aspects of the same system. I will make some more observations tomorrow.

and id take it back to your dealer and tell him to repair it if it was working before

I will do that.