Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Victor on the street (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/victor-street-18236/)

Mr.4spd 01-20-2015 03:51 PM

Victor on the street

I'm thinking about swapping my Performer Rpm for a Victor intake because I'm bored. 500" B/RB, mild cam, 850DP, Rpm heads (worked), 11.5:1 comp, 4 speed, B-body, 3.54:1 Dana 3800# w/ driver. Thoughts? I failed to blow anything up this summer so I need to step up my game.

RacerHog 01-20-2015 04:12 PM

Super Victor would be my choice...

Archer 01-20-2015 06:47 PM

4 -

Assuming you had adequate air flow with P-RPM, odds are you'll loose low end torque. (Yes, without a full launch, a 3.8K stall does take time to spool up on the street.) The Victors were designed for top end/high air flow (over 3500 rpm). They do look cool though...

Archer

Mr.4spd 01-21-2015 03:06 AM

My thinking on the torque issue was the extra 60 cubic inches moving the usable rpm range down 1000rpm or so. I really don't know, could quite possibly ruin the sweet combo I've worked so hard for.

Archer 01-21-2015 06:07 AM

4 -

Ruin is relative. You're not changing the displacement by changing the intake. It will feel more sluggish compared with the P-rpm on normal acceleration.

The trade offs are possibly higher HP at higher rpm, and the "cool" factor. That has to be your call.

Look, I'm running an old style Torker on my 440, and while good at the track, I know I'm loosing a bit on normal street driving. I just like the way it looks - have for the last 35 years - so it's staying on.

Archer

RacerHog 01-21-2015 11:07 AM

Super Victor and a good Roller Cam.. Step that bad boy rite up with that compression.. :)

Archer... I like those torkers back in the day... :)

Mr.4spd 01-25-2015 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 126128)
Super Victor and a good Roller Cam.. Step that bad boy rite up with that compression.. :)

Archer... I like those torkers back in the day... :)

Ordered a Victor tonight. The Super Victor's carb flange is for the 4500 Holley carb and I'm still considering fuel injection, so no go on a new carb yet. Roller cam is in the works for next winter though. At that point the stock block should grenade and I'll pick up an aluminum block, then things should really get interesting.

Rooty 01-26-2015 05:06 PM

I like Bob's thinking especially with those large pistons. A "roller" is definitely a step up and throttle body will light up those ballons until your wallet's empty, if it isn't already.

Mr.4spd 01-26-2015 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rooty (Post 126238)
I like Bob's thinking especially with those large pistons. A "roller" is definitely a step up and throttle body will light up those ballons until your wallet's empty, if it isn't already.

Word. The roller cam setup is gonna be expensive, I don't know, $1000 plus? It lights the drag radials at will as is...must need bigger tires:laugh:Im going to toss a coin to decide if fuel injection or roller cam comes first.

Mr.4spd 04-14-2015 07:18 PM

Out for the first drive of the season with the Victor. No regrets, drove it up a steep hill @ 1600RPM in 4th gear like it's fuel injected. Gonna dial in a little more ignition advance and put the Performer RPM on Craigslist. This summer should be epic