Tech Talk of the Month In this forum, we will be talking about different technical aspects of the world of Mopar. From motors to suspensions to body work. One of the Mods will start all thread in this section.

Intake for new Hemi

Old 01-05-2015, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake for new Hemi

Does anyone out there know why there isn't an affordable single carb intake manifold for the new Hemi? I only know of the one made by Mopar Performance and Arrington wants over $1000 for one. I would really like to run a junkyard 5.7 motor in my Duster, but it just isn't cost effective for me right now. I have no idea why Edelbrock makes two different 2X4 intakes for this engine and no single carb. I tried calling them because they don't do e-mail. No answer. Holley doesn't do e-mail either but I haven't tried calling them yet. I did send a nice, respectful letter to Mopar about two weeks ago asking if they will make that intake available to the general public at about a $300 to $350 price. I haven't heard back from them. I gave them several reasons why, also. The main reason is the average bucks down enthusiast (like most of us) can't affordably get this engine to run in the old iron. That's why we are starting to see GM LS based engines going into everything, including old Mopars. People like the new tech engines for obvious reasons. I know the 5.3 LS as well as the 5.7 Hemi will make an easy 450 hp with not much more than a cam change. I see the $1000 price tag on that intake manifold and it actually makes me angry. I see no need for that except to gouge the customer. It's almost like they WANT to keep this engine in the hands of the wealthier guys.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 103 Likes on 103 Posts
Smile

These companies are buying time the end is near why statr a new product line when yoi are stuck with over-stock..