Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Engines, Exhaust and Fuel systems (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   360 magnum Hughes Heads (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/360-magnum-hughes-heads-20096/)

dennis69 02-25-2017 08:51 AM

360 magnum Hughes Heads

Hi, Im new here to the forum. This is my first post. I recently purchased a set of Iron Ram EQ heads for a magnum from Hughes and had a valve job done locally. They cam out very nice. They are the 1.92 valve size. This was in October. I am still building the engine and have changed direction a bit and decided to go with a bigger valve 2.02. I am reordering a set or EQ heads from hughes with the 2.02 valves and selling the other heads. My question is, how is the valve job that hughes does. I know it comes standard on the 2.02 heads. Is it a quality job? Thanks

Iowan 02-25-2017 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by dennis69 (Post 138333)
Hi, Im new here to the forum. This is my first post. I recently purchased a set of Iron Ram EQ heads for a magnum from Hughes and had a valve job done locally. They cam out very nice. They are the 1.92 valve size. This was in October. I am still building the engine and have changed direction a bit and decided to go with a bigger valve 2.02. I am reordering a set or EQ heads from hughes with the 2.02 valves and selling the other heads. My question is, how is the valve job that hughes does. I know it comes standard on the
2.02 heads. Is it a quality job? Thanks

Why not buy the 2.02 valves and install in the heads you have?:)

dennis69 02-25-2017 09:56 AM

I thought of that but the heads are brand new. It seems a waste to me . There all set up also.I'd rather sell them to someone who can use them. If they dont sell ill throw them on my other dodge ram if needed. 1.92 is a good valve size for a haul truck that needs good down low power. Thanks

Iowan 02-25-2017 01:11 PM

I'm one of those who can't leave anything alone, new or not. There's power to be had other than valve size under the valve.

TVLynn 02-25-2017 01:12 PM

What type of cam are you going to use ? What gear ratio ? Compression ? Unless you are going to have a high horsepower high RPM engine ?? Use the 1.92 heads

dennis69 02-25-2017 01:56 PM

I have 4:10 GEARS now, With plans for 4:56 in the future. The cam right now is not radical just 212/218 duration@50. Compression will probably be around 9.5:1. Im keeping FI. Im looking to run the 2.02 valves cause Im figuring on a bigger cam in the future. I dont mind taking a manifold and water pump off for a cam change, I dont feel like fiddling with heads later also. I know bigger isnt always better better especilly with heads. Again, since I am getting them from HUGHES with his valve job, does anyone know if his machine work is decent. Thanks again for all the replies

Iowan 02-25-2017 02:01 PM

Don't need them......

dennis69 02-25-2017 02:35 PM

Thanks again, but I already ordered them yeaterday. I guess I could cancel them. I spoke with someone with a similar set up and was told they work good. Either way Im still curious about Hughes Valve job and machine work. Any experience with it?

xaza 02-25-2017 07:06 PM

I don't have experience with the Hughes head but I installed the intake manifold on my 360. Everything was smooth, lined up perfect and all parts needed were there. Shipping was reasonable. I am going to get the fuel rail too eventually and maybe the big gulp TB. I have a honed out TB that is not big enough. What is this motor in?

dennis69 02-25-2017 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by xaza (Post 138351)
I don't have experience with the Hughes head but I installed the intake manifold on my 360. Everything was smooth, lined up perfect and all parts needed were there. Shipping was reasonable. I am going to get the fuel rail too eventually and maybe the big gulp TB. I have a honed out TB that is not big enough. What is this motor in?

Its going in a 2001 1500 ram. I might go for the fuel rail also. There nice.