Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Engines, Exhaust and Fuel systems (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   Building stock block slant six (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/building-stock-block-slant-six-22077/)

Kylerg003 02-01-2019 10:53 AM

Building stock block slant six

What are some good combos or parts to beef up a stock block slant six, I don’t want to deck the block or touch the heads because I’m trying to budget myself but I would like to know what I can do to my engine to give it more power, I want to keep it n/a for now so I’m more or less looking for good cam and intake and carb combos or anything else I could do to get some Torque and power out of my motor.

Iowan 02-01-2019 08:28 PM

What year and size /6 do you have and are you hopping up a stock motor without rebuilding it?

Kylerg003 02-02-2019 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 147714)
What year and size /6 do you have and are you hopping up a stock motor without rebuilding it?

225 and it’s for an 83 d150, I plan to rebuild the engine but I don’t want to machine anything.

Iowan 02-02-2019 09:29 AM

The best way to get benefits from modifying the 6 is by increasing compression......to around 9.5 to 1. Otherwise your limited to a stock cam and you really don't need to get bigger on anything else. Maybe a decent exhaust, no header.
Bump compression then you can go bigger cam small 4 v carb and header. I know you don't want to here it but small turbo would work on the /6 very well.
I've got a feeling you've heard all this before but the low compression ratios kill performance options.

RacerHog 02-02-2019 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 147723)
The best way to get benefits from modifying the 6 is by increasing compression......to around 9.5 to 1. Otherwise your limited to a stock cam and you really don't need to get bigger on anything else. Maybe a decent exhaust, no header.
Bump compression then you can go bigger cam small 4 v carb and header. I know you don't want to here it but small turbo would work on the /6 very well.
I've got a feeling you've heard all this before but the low compression ratios kill performance options.

I agree....