Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Engines, Exhaust and Fuel systems (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   Exhaust & Air Intake (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/exhaust-air-intake-21203/)

DonWSmith69 03-25-2018 01:08 PM

Exhaust & Air Intake

i have a 2018 Durango RT. I am planning on buying a K & N Air Intake and Borla exhaust. Is the the best idea for increasing HO and possibly gas mileage? Thanks!

carid 03-27-2018 03:15 AM

Hey Don,
Welcome to the forum! If you install a cold air intake and a performance exhaust, you may also want to add a performance chip to gain some extra hp on top of that.
This Performance Module by JET was developed specifically for the 2018 Durango. Just make sure to pick the right engine displacement. This kit is promised to add up to 25 hp if installed without any other performance mods, so if you use it on the Durango together with a new exhaust and CAI system, you will get even better hp gain.

Drag Pak 03-27-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by DonWSmith69 (Post 143453)
i have a 2018 Durango RT. I am planning on buying a K & N Air Intake and Borla exhaust. Is the the best idea for increasing HO and possibly gas mileage? Thanks!

You are probably further ahead putting the money in your gas tank!

DonWSmith69 04-04-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by carid (Post 143489)
Hey Don,
Welcome to the forum! If you install a cold air intake and a performance exhaust, you may also want to add a performance chip to gain some extra hp on top of that.
This Performance Module by JET was developed specifically for the 2018 Durango. Just make sure to pick the right engine displacement. This kit is promised to add up to 25 hp if installed without any other performance mods, so if you use it on the Durango together with a new exhaust and CAI system, you will get even better hp gain.

Do

DonWSmith69 04-04-2018 01:58 PM

I need some me suggestions. I have a 18 Durango RT with the 3 vent hood. Just had K & N Air Intake installed and the filter is directly under one of the vents. how do I prevent the air filter from sucking in any rain water I to the moto while driving. I am a novice when it comes to mechanics and need some suggestions. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!