Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Engines, Exhaust and Fuel systems (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   Good places to get proformance parts (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/good-places-get-proformance-parts-20932/)

mid-nite09 12-05-2017 02:19 PM

Good places to get proformance parts

Within a month or so I will be rebuilding my 440-6 pack. I was wondering where are some good places to get quality parts. I came across Howards cam. Their website looked pretty good but I have never heard of them. What I like to do is keep my flat top Pistons and my rocker shaft. (If possible). But still get a beefy cam. I also noticed that they sell a cam set. Comes with the cam, lifters, valve springs and the timing gears and chain.

the plans with the truck (it's already been setup for drag racing) but I would still like to take it to car shows and cruise in once in a while.

All help is appreciated.

TVLynn 12-05-2017 04:18 PM

Howard cams have been around since the 50's but they are for Chevys better options like Hughes engines. A kit would be the best cost wise..

Coronet 500 12-06-2017 02:51 PM

I have used Howard's with good success, my parts house said they are one of the last companies to use American suppliers for their materials and components.

mid-nite09 12-06-2017 04:25 PM

I differently what American parts. And good insurance since I would be going with a flat tappet cam.

jtrevwillingham 12-11-2017 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mid-nite09 (Post 142235)
Within a month or so I will be rebuilding my 440-6 pack. I was wondering where are some good places to get quality parts. I came across Howards cam. Their website looked pretty good but I have never heard of them. What I like to do is keep my flat top Pistons and my rocker shaft. (If possible). But still get a beefy cam. I also noticed that they sell a cam set. Comes with the cam, lifters, valve springs and the timing gears and chain.

the plans with the truck (it's already been setup for drag racing) but I would still like to take it to car shows and cruise in once in a while.

All help is appreciated.

Hughes Engines and 440 Source are great for Mopar specific performance and advice. I get a lot of parts through places like Summit Racing and Jegs as well, but only for bolt on stuff. If you want rotating assembly parts, cams, or heads the guys at Hughes are second to none. Selecting a cam is not easy work, tell them what you have, what you plan to use it for, and where you live and let them put a set together for you. A good flat tappet hydraulic cam with new lifters, pushrods, and springs is under $500 through them. Oh, and I found out this year that if you spend over $6000 with them, they throw in a couple Tee shirts haha

mid-nite09 12-11-2017 04:45 PM

A couple of tee shirts? Haha need a whole truck load.