Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Engines, Exhaust and Fuel systems (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   Inlet air temperature swing during a run (https://moparforums.com/forums/f81/inlet-air-temperature-swing-during-run-21634/)

Drag Pak 08-13-2018 12:40 PM

Inlet air temperature swing during a run

Anyone know how much variability an inlet air temperature reading may have during a run. Mine varies from a difference of 55 degrees to 89 degrees with an average swing of 5 degrees to 10 degrees, but quite erratic. IAT sensor mounted on the air box base right below the hood scoop.

Coronet 500 08-13-2018 01:26 PM

Can't answer but do you think your getting separation between hood and scoop? Allowing under hood air in.

Drag Pak 08-13-2018 03:35 PM

It's probably the sensor itself. I went through some archived data and the IAT was a flat line. I have washed the sensor twice and had some dramatic improvement but no flat line.

New sensor for this weekend.

Excellent seal on hood and air box. With scoop plug in, it will suck the gaskets out from between airbox base and throttle body top at pit speed

RacerHog 08-13-2018 07:44 PM

I have been away from it for awhile. But I think that in the air box, a lot of folks tend to move the sensor to near the throttle body or in the intake when in the boosted platform.. Because of so much crazy air.
But I think what your after is the turbulence is bad in the air box, hood scoop area. So yes I can see that number being all over the place in that case with a standard sweep.
Any how... If the IAT and the MAP are used to try to tune the ECU, and check the VE of the demand, and the ECU is trying to tune for it's self. That's asking a lot for a lot of data! With all the ups and downs. But If you can find John (Big Stuff) Meaney. He could give you the straight up answer. He's the Guru in my book.
I hope this made some kind of sense? lol