Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Transmissions, Transfer Cases and Rear Ends (https://moparforums.com/forums/f82/)
-   -   Limerick Transmission - WARNING (https://moparforums.com/forums/f82/limerick-transmission-warning-20783/)

ToMang07 10-12-2017 07:58 AM

Limerick Transmission - WARNING

Be warned:

December 2015 I had them rebuild my transmission. (2002 F350 4x4 Diesel 4r100) Told them I wanted the upgraded clutch packs, valve bodies, torque converter, synthetic fluid, etc. Paid just south of $3,000.

Shortly thereafter my brother's 2004 F150 4x4 5.4L tranny went. We had no reason to avoid the scumbags at Limerick yet, so my brother took his truck there. Long story short, they unsuccessfully rebuild his transmission 2x, and bought a junkyard transmission which also got rebuilt 2x before the truck was driveable. In that period (6 MONTHS) my brother ended up buying another truck, and sold the 04 F150 to some poor soul.

Well, last month, under 2 years and less than 20k miles the transmission in my F350 crapped out. Sensing that they would try to screw with me, I checked the fluid level before I brought it to them, and VIDEO RECORDED IT. Found my warranty paperwork (3-year/36k miles) and brought it to them. They took it for a test drive, and assured me "no problem, it will be covered under warranty." 2 weeks later they call me to let me know it was "3 quarts low and will not be covered." I told them that is bullshit, I checked it, video recorded myself checking it, and they were lying. They then decided to say it was leaking fluid. It was not. They then said the owner was out of state on vacation. He may be, but I doubt it. I told them that I will take them to court if they don't fix it at chich time the argument became heated and I ended up hanging up on them.

AVOID THESE SCUMBAGS!!!!!!

Limerick Transmission
63 Washington St
Limerick, ME 04048
(207) 793-2147

RacerHog 10-13-2017 05:28 AM

Check your state for the "Automobile Repair Act". Or something like we have here in California called BAR ( Bureau of Automotive Repair) To assist you in your issue.
Once they know you are going to have an investigation performed. They might just do rite by you.
Keep us posted

Drag Pak 10-13-2017 08:43 AM

Sounds like a case for the "YELLOW BULLET"

RacerHog 10-13-2017 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Drag Pak (Post 141520)
Sounds like a case for the "YELLOW BULLET"

LOL.... Eaten alive...

TVLynn 10-13-2017 11:23 AM

piss on them Take them to small claims court !!!! Bar if they do anything at all will take forever.. As I have read there are several machining procedures necessary to rebuild
Ford transmissions

ToMang07 10-17-2017 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by TVLynn (Post 141523)
piss on them Take them to small claims court !!!! Bar if they do anything at all will take forever.. As I have read there are several machining procedures necessary to rebuild
Ford transmissions

That's the plan. Picked it up yesterday, argued for them for over 20 minutes after asking for my keys 4-5 times. They wanted to "work with me" on fixing it. I told them to get bent, I wouldn't pay them a penny. Warranty it or I'm taking it. I'll see them in court.