Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior Body and Trim (https://moparforums.com/forums/f85/)
-   -   Front fender welding info 72 Charger (https://moparforums.com/forums/f85/front-fender-welding-info-72-charger-15180/)

dgbcharger 06-28-2013 05:41 PM

Front fender welding info 72 Charger

Hey mopar dudes, looking for advice: is it feasible to try and mig weld patches in flush into my front fenders? I have already removed a number of patches that were riveted on the outside of the fenders. Of course the fenders are off the car so I can get behind everywhere. I would buy new fenders if they made them and can't find decent used ones. Does any one know where I can find both 1972 front fenders? Thanks DGB

TVLynn 06-28-2013 06:46 PM

I am not a body person. But Get one of the tools that crimps the metal make an indentation for your patch Then weld it A little putty an presto

moparted 06-29-2013 06:56 AM

we most live close together, im in mayfield

Buffalojoe426 06-29-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by dgbcharger (Post 104598)
Hey mopar dudes, looking for advice: is it feasible to try and mig weld patches in flush into my front fenders? I have already removed a number of patches that were riveted on the outside of the fenders. Of course the fenders are off the car so I can get behind everywhere. I would buy new fenders if they made them and can't find decent used ones. Does any one know where I can find both 1972 front fenders? Thanks DGB

dgbcharger

I have found patches for the rear lower portion of the front fenders. I haven't installed them yet. I am working on the fenders for my 71 charger fenders now. I have had to make a few patches for the outside skin. If you take your time and go slow and easy you should be able to turn out something nice. Might need to do some hammering with a dolly to make it all right after you are done. Check out my thread on 71 charger rebuild. You might find the 4th page useful.

Also I think I have seen a few places that advertise fiberglass replacements.

dgbcharger 07-01-2013 05:01 PM

Fender patches

Okay thanks I'll check your 71 project out, good luck to you

lou3500 07-02-2013 03:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I made my own patches and rebuilt the entire lower support on the inside on our 73 charger.