Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior Body and Trim (https://moparforums.com/forums/f85/)
-   -   Is my front bumper toast? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f85/my-front-bumper-toast-15934/)

Inspector71 10-02-2013 10:19 AM

Is my front bumper toast?

I have a 68 Barracuda (slant six to be replaced by a 360) I brought with me to Missouri from California. I dropped the K-frame to rebuild the front end and switch it to disc brakes (first time for me). The car is almost rust free except for the front valance and bumper. The outer side of the bumper has really good chrome. The back side is completely rusted. Is it toast? I thought about re-chroming but have read there are few who do a good job and it costs the same ($300+) as a new one from AMD. Trying to decide what to do and any advice is appreciated.

RacerHog 10-02-2013 10:34 AM

Shop around there and find out.... You might find it to be cheaper!!! You never know... :)
Do you Miss Cali. Yet ??????

TVLynn 10-02-2013 11:06 AM

Depends on how much rust ? Go for the new replacement

Inspector71 10-02-2013 12:56 PM

Thanks

I'll look at it reall close this weekend and let you know. Racerhog, no offense intended, but I don't miss California. Too crowded, too hot, and too many "laws" for me. I do miss being able to find real Chinese food or real Mexican food and some of the really nice people I met though (and no rust), okay, on second thought, guess I miss some things after all (and the girls).

Tri City Plating in TN comes highly recommended. Their website gives no hint as to pricing. I don't want to email and ask if I'm not ready to buy so does anyone have any idea what it costs? Several companies like Year One want big bucks and say their offering is not show quality. Does anyone know what the difference is between stock, the way it came, and show quality? I am going to drive my Barracuda not turn it into a show car.

robertstjean 10-02-2013 07:56 PM

Go with AMD. I did and am very happy but keep you factory ones..

jimiheadstone 10-02-2013 08:08 PM

confused here you sway the outside chrome is good but it's rusted on the inside? do you mean the backside of the bumper where nobody see's??

RacerHog 10-02-2013 08:15 PM

Hahahahahaah Inspector71.... As soon as I secure my retirement. I'm going back to Tenn. or (Home)..I'm Out of this place.... so I can say i know how you feel... Lots of good folks here but way over priced and regulated....
Hope you find a good price on the bumper... :)