Part(s) Wanted Post up what part(s) you are looking for here.

1978 Dodge Magnum - Chrome Fender Trim

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 07:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
1978 Dodge Magnum - Chrome Fender Trim

I am new to the forum and apologize up front as a newbie for what all that brings.
I have a 78 Magnum essentially original and matching numbers except the transmission. Transmission has about 3000 miles on it. The car has 97,000 orig miles. Everything is in excellent condition from the AC working, back up lights, radio, smooth running engine, orig interior, automatic headlight covers are operable and work like a charm. The body metal is 99% original, one door damage and had some body work. Original paint outside of that. This has been in storage past 15 years on and off, belonged to a chrysler engineer. Sold it to me out of goodness of his heart and wanted it to go to a good home and he has other cars in his collection as well. Although this is a 78 XE by accident came factory with E58 360 4bbl engine and carb with matching numbers to the rest of the car. I would say this makes this a rare Magnum and even more so as original and clean as this one. Added upgraded bolt on parts, hooker headers, no smog system, upgraded distributor, edelbrock carb and intake, then added American Racing Wheels. Almost excellent paint and straight body.

I have searched a great deal for miscellaneous parts.
1. Windshield wiper motor works but will not park and sit down ion the carrier. I can only find motors that don't have intermittent wiper function. Like to keep it with intermittent, although I don't get it out in rain unless my SUV is in the shop.
2. Chrome fender trim on the driver side is dinged up and need both front and rear fender trim. I tried to get chrysler cordoba but can't find that either, suppose to fit.

Any parts help would be great. I have checked some aftermarket places online, but no luck yet and nothing on ebay either.
Thanks for reading-Will try to add some pics later for those that are curious.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:19 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
Call Classic Industries….
Nice B-Body...
Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the tip. I called Classic Industries and they didn't have any parts for 78 Dodge Magnum. I seem to run into that a lot since it's not a highly sough after car. I have called a few known dodge/chrysler salvages as well. I did find some hard to find "Magnum" emblems though in the salvage and one would thought those would have been the first that got damaged on a fender for wrecked cars. Never know what you will find right? Still looking for Magnum, Cordoba or 300 chrome trim for fenders.
I appreciate it anyway RacerHog.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fender trim

do you want the wheel opening moldings or the moldings down near the bottom of the fender,door and QTR panel?

do you have a GT?

www.arizonaparts.com is my website

for a YEAR search put in:

Magnum

1978 X

X,S

X=Magnum, Mirada or Charger depending on year
S= Cordoba

write me here please:

mkolner14@hotmail.com or 480 966 6683