'73 roadrunner restoration

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Corolla! i've got a 74 sunroof RR that I,m just starting on. Good to meet someone on the same page. Got to compare notes sometime. IMHO the "correct" detailing is for 'vette snobs and other "trailer queen" ****. Unless you have the first, or the last e-body, convertible, one-of-none hemi, with the secret option package, nobody will ever care. You build a car to enjoy. Will you ever truly enjoy your car if you are worried about the appearance of the undercarriage? Sorry, I'm not TRYING to be a dick [that comes naturally to me], but my whole point is to enjoy your car, get it on the road and not stress about stuff that doesnt matter. Dirt roads are fun! Live your Dukes fantasies! I mean no disrespect to you at all, but I'm telling you this from my own experience of taking a resto toooo far. Send us some pics, especially from the build if possible. Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadrunner

Hello, I am also restoring a 73 Roadrunner back to driver quality. I am not going nutty with the restoration. I just want to get the car back on the road, looking good, and running good. I bought mine in October of last year. I have rubbed out the paint. I am preparing to restripe it. I turned it over last week, but have no fire. I am working on some minor wiring issues right now. Here is a quick pic of it. It hasn't run or been on the road in eight years.

Beep Beep!!!!! Troy in Nevada
Attached Thumbnails '73 roadrunner restoration-2009_0307rr70003.jpg  
Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Mopar Lover

Hey Troy, thats looking great. You doing the striping? I'm scared to try it myself, I always f%^&ed up the decals on my models when I was young, lost my nerve! You need schematics for the car? I have a good site for you. Current paint plan for my 74 is black with the stripe painted on in flat black or a very dark gunmetal gray, kind of that barely there look. Pics are coming.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadrunner

I have a friend who used to work in a vinyl sign shop. He is supposed to help me stripe it. I have the kit sitting in the seat of the car now. My only delima is what to do with the trunk bird.

I can put a circle bird on there and call it good. I can buy one of those roadrunner quarter panel kits from e-bay, trim off the pushins, and apply a standing bird.

I could also just put a lone standing bird on. I'm really not sure, but I'm leaning toward just putting a circle bird there as they are cheap and my car is just driver quality anyhow. I will post up some pics after the stripes are on. Troy
Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Mopar Lover

Love to see it! Hope I didnt **** corolla off. Been a bad week for me. Hope he didnt take the rant personally. When I was playin with brand x's I saw stuff that just went toooooo far. Tried to copy stuff,and just made myself miserable. Now I live on two miles of dirt tillthe paved road, learned to relax and enjoy. Its may and I still cant get the harleys down the road, too muddy. I thought the deck lid was just a standing bird decal, could be wrong. Good luck bro