Bushings !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushings !!

ok so i have the torsion bar, upper and lower control arm, ball joints, tie rods, sway bar, leaf spring shackle and strut rod bushings...somehow i got some oval shaped main eye bushing for the leaf spring..gotta return it and ok so they all look pretty simple except the lower ball joint cant get it out and the upper control arm bushings I CANT GET THEM OUTTT!! so please help any info is apreciated, thanks!
Old 03-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The upper controll arm bushings are a little challenging to get out without a press but i have used some heat from a torch and a big hammer. This probably isn't the best way but it worked for me. you could take just that to a shop and have them press them out for you. The lower ball joint comes off with the two large nut and bolts that go into the spindle. take the rotor off and use a impact or a breaker bar to get them off mine took a little effort after being on the car for 25yrs. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Mopar Fan

on the upper control arm bushings i am replacing just the rubber bushing not the metal sleeve with energy suspension bushings and i cant get the ruuber bushing out of the metal sleeve !
Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by rc-ltu
on the upper control arm bushings i am replacing just the rubber bushing not the metal sleeve with energy suspension bushings and i cant get the ruuber bushing out of the metal sleeve !
ok i just called the company energy suspension and asked and they said get a torch do not remove the metal sleeve from the arm and just heat the sleeve up and when it gets nice AND red the bushing inside will start to get soft and what not and just remove it with a screwdriver and there...grease up the new bushing and install.!....wow i didnt even think of that!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Mopar Fan

ok so i installed them all except for the lower control arm bushing i dont want to mess with the torsion bar doesnt really need it anyway...now for the leaf spring bushings my set has a oval main eye bushing ut my main eye is round with a 2in diameter...cant find them onliine i want them polyurethane bushings though.anyone know where to find them!