Cordoba Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cordoba Pics

Now that I figured out how to link pics to a post I will finally show you guys my car.

Here are some pics of the 440 engine I am putting in there to replace the 400.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Mopar Lover

Thanks Doc, when I get a chance I will take and post some interior pics. Get a good shot of the rich Corinthian leather.

I can't wait to get the new engine in the car, but I messed up one of the manifold studs, so I will be removing the heads and getting them done up right.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
while you have it apart why dont you get you an aluminum water pump housing and pump , it would look sweet and you can get them on ebay for around 100.00 bucks plus shipping
Old 08-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Mopar Lover

I will take a look at those, I overlooked a few things in my project, and now that I have to pull the heads off I can go back. Anything else I should look into?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Mopar Fan

Beautiful Cordoba! Cordoba's are one of my favorite Chryslers.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Anyone know where I can get the felt for the t-tops?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 PM

lookin good commando
Old 08-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Mopar Lover

Hey 413, I truly appreciate the link, I think that may be the one I stumbled across a year or two ago and forgot to bookmark, stupid mistake. I will finish reading that later, but from the quick skim it sounds like what I read before and accidentally misplaced.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Mopar Lover

Hey Commando did you get the manifold stud out yet , Hope you share some more pic's with us as that car is awsome and if you go to ebay just go to 440 engine parts and they have a bunch of awsome dress up parts for that 440 like the ault: bracket which is one piece and chrome and your oil stick which has a aluminum end and chrome body ---- Keep up the great work on her and let us see some more pic's of her k
Old 08-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Mopar Lover

So, as of right now I have not done anything with the stud yet, but I am thinking if I break anymore bolts I am going to get help with the extracting, as I have broken too many of them.

I do plan to bring the heads to a machine shop as they told me they just fixed a head with the same problem, but they want $100 to fix it. So they take the head by itself and put it in a drill press and drill a whole bunch of holes around it so they can pull the whole mess out. Then they put something in the hole, I think they said something about a plug, then drill and tap that. I figure I cannot fix it and it is a cheaper solution.

Well I am at that I might have them go over both heads and redo the valves and such which is another $500. I found that if I wanted to get the complementing Edelbrock head to the rest of my kit that'll run $1400.

Hopefully I will get some time to pull the heads off and get them to this machine shop. One of the good things that came out of this, if I can say that without shaking my head, is that I can re go over the block, confirm timing (TDC), look at aluminum water housing/pumps, and anything else I may have missed. Was told there should have been bearings or seals, not sure what I was told as I get a lot of feedback from people in person and if its not written down I tend to forget, on the cam, which I did not see when I swapped it.

I do have a question for those of you who have made it through the above, the stock water pump has a passenger inlet, and the aluminum ones I have seen all have driver's side inlet, can I work around this as I do have a newer radiator? I haven't looked at it yet to see the amount of space I might have.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Mopar Lover

go and go to www.440source.com and see what they can set you up with / water pumps and housings ok ---- let me no if you dont find anything and ill look around for you <<>> what side is the neck on of your new rad... ill be gone for the weekend but ill check back sunday night k
Old 08-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Mopar Lover

I believe that both necks are on the passenger's side, but I will double check that.

Confirmed, top and bottom are off the Passenger's side

Last edited by Commando; 08-22-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Mopar Lover

Yeah, I pulled all but one manifold stud out of the head successfully, one snapped, and I tried to extract it and broke the extractor. It is for the exhaust, so I can take the headers off the 400 and put them on the 440.

Just checked 440source and the water pump housing I would need exists, so just need to check with my friend who owns a part shop to see if he can get me a better deal. Which leads me to suggest if anyone is looking for a difficult part, or wants to find out if I can get you a deal through his store send me a pm. I am trying to get him up and running online and will share his information when I do.

Last edited by Commando; 08-22-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Mopar Lover

I used the #3 I think, and the brand is Mountain something. I busted one of the smaller ones as well in that set, and one of the left-handed drill bits in the same kit too, not sure if I will buy from them again.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Mopar Lover

Thanks Manuel.

No Doc, it was one of the spiral kind.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Mopar Lover

To give you guys an update, I am planning on getting that aluminum water pump housing and pump from 440 source, I have found other manufacturers but they are the most reasonable.

I contacted the place mentioned in the article about the t-top seals, but they never got back to me. So I ordered a set of them for $60 will look at them tomorrow, and see how they compare to their $90 ones from the article.

Planning on pulling the heads soon, to get them done.

Also looking at new push rods, and possibly some bearings I may have overlooked when I had the engine apart.

Will take some pics of the interior this week and post them here.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Mopar Lover

I will definitely try the square ones if I break any more bolts.

The housing and the pump is $125 and so everything matches might as well get the $25 aluminum water neck. The other brand one I found was $180 for just the housing.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Mopar Lover

Got the water pump, housing and neck yesterday and spent less then the one company wanted for just the housing including shipping.

This thing is so light, I think that the pump is actually heavier then the housing as the impeller is not aluminum.

Sorry about lack of interior pics so far, this project has stalled like the other 3 I have going on. Once I get my friends store online I will return to the 440 engine, might try to fix the vacuum leak this weekend and hopefully take some pics.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Mopar Lover

Just pulled the old heads off yesterday, and I am so happy that I did as there was water at some point sitting in three of the chambers on top of the pistons. Really should have broken it down completely before, but after all this is a learning experience. Since I bought a steel crank on eBay I will be pulling the pistons out as well it will get a good cleaning.

Last edited by Commando; 10-05-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Mopar Lover

I have some updates now, unwrapped the engine today that I got back from the machine shop. I am now trying to figure out if I want to paint it the Chrysler blue I painted it before I had it to the machine shop, or go for black which sounds like it would look real nice with the aluminum intake, heads, water pump housing, and the black and silver valve covers I have on it in the earlier pictures. What do you guys think?

(The rusty looking stuff in the pics is the assembly lube.)

Old 12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice, i see you mollied up the cam and lifters

how come you took the engine apart again?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:04 PM

very nice doba man!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Mopar Lover

67, I busted the header bolt in the heads and had to remove it in order to get it fixed, or replace the heads. That's when I noticed the water that had been sitting in two of the heads and that is why it went to the machine shop. Another expensive lesson to learn.

Quick Reply: Cordoba Pics