Fuel Fires

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Fires

I read the amp gauge thread and wanted to post this as well to go with it. A common issue i dont see talked about is on big blocks, how the fuel line runs above the dist. cap, and stops. On my first 6 bbl caar, I ran teh fuel line that came with the line kit that ended above the cap. never thought about it but, im moving the car 1 day and smoke rolls out from under the hood, I yank thte hood up and sure enough the cap and wires are in flames. and so is the front of the motor. luckily I had a hose close by, so i didnt loose my caar, but that night, after i cleaned the mess up and got it running again, I ordered a new hard line that ran to the pump from the last junction block before the cap.After that i started noticing alot of 6bbl cars had the same line I had replaced, and most of them the hose was stating to dry rot. So i want to post this warning to all w/ big block 6bbl setups, if your running the line that ends above the dist. cap Please spend the 30.00 and get the hard line that goes down to the fuel pump. You may just save your car and possibly the people riding in it.