82 ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Look around for a set of "j" heads or "x" heads. they will flow much better than the ones that you have now. As for an intake and carb, do not go with Weiand. I installed a Weiand intake on my 78d200 with a 318 and it never sealed properly. Spend a little extra and go with Edlebrock performer intake and carb. You might be able to use the stock kickdown linkage as well. If not hten you will need to buy some cables.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
400 horse from a "teener"

Four hundred horse from a 318 might be kinda hard. I think I would try the magnum heads from a place called Enginequest. Mopar Action just did a comparison of a bunch of available smallblock heads and the enginequest heads faired pretty well, considering the price they are sold at. They beat the stock magnums by a mile and even flowed better than the magnum r/t heads. Here is their website- www.aaeq.net . Along with the magnum heads, I would go with some Keith Black hypereutectic pistons [maybe the 167's], an Edelbrock Performer Airgap manifold, some decent 1-5/8 hedders, a Holley 650 vacuum secondary carburetor with a 1 inch spacer and an MSD ignition system. The Comp Cams Extreme Energy 268 is a good choice for the cam although you might get by with the next size smaller for the smaller cubes of the 318. Well, good luck with your project and hope you have truckloads of fun with it!!!