fark Harley's are cheap over there

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 05:13 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fark Harley's are cheap over there

man i was on ebay America earlier on & faaaarrk i can not believe the prices of 1200 sportsters over there fark . I'm gonna find out about importing one & registering it ( i bet ya can't for some farked up reason ) mate over here 2005 883's still fetch $9000 + 1200's $12000+ what a farking rip off . thats why i don't ride . i went & seen my old boss from the bike shop today & he still has the full super trap exhaust that i bought 7 years ago ( headers - mufflers ) & said i can have them for $500 . but after seeing what you guy's get for $3500 man I'd get one as soon as i get back from my holidays . where's some good places to get go fast parts from over there ???. wow i hope theres no registration issues .....
Old 12-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Dead, it's winter here remember? Guys who got inspired by Wild Hogs and Easy Rider are now getting out the frostbite meds and for sale signs lol
Old 12-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Mopar Lover

good time to buy them ay . i'm finding out today about bringing one over .
Old 12-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The "RUBS" have lost their interest in them. "Rich Urban Bikers", wannabes. Alot of folks think the Sportster is a starter bike, and they want to upgrade in a year or two to a full-sized "Geezer-Glide". And while I'm at it.....Screw them H.O.G's too! "Oh we're bikers but we dont want no **** shown at our rallies cuz its a family friendly event!", "We're not cliquish, we just have "friendship circles". Then go join a Honda club! "You meet the nicest people on a Honda!" was an old slogan. Well maybe, but you get more ho's with a Harley!
'97 Softail Custom that I lived on for 6 weeks in Australia.
'53 FLH rigid chopper w/73 shovelhead, +15deg in the neck and 6" in the forks,18" apes, custom laced my own rims. Old Skool!

Last edited by scotts74birds; 12-22-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
RUBS is a great way to put it Scott. I think everyone I work with except me got a Harley, the started chroming, trading, etc, to try and beat each other out in My Bike's Better crap. I don't think any of them really enjoyed the ride, just the idea that they own a Harley, therefore, they are bad boys
Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The RUB I talked to last week was headed to the dealership with his bike on a trailor, because its atleast a 15 mile ride, to get the summer air out of his tires and replace it with winter grade.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by 72RDRNR
The RUB I talked to last week was headed to the dealership with his bike on a trailor, because its atleast a 15 mile ride, to get the summer air out of his tires and replace it with winter grade.
hahaha hahaha
Old 12-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
The "RUBS" have lost their interest in them. "Rich Urban Bikers", wannabes. Alot of folks think the Sportster is a starter bike, and they want to upgrade in a year or two to a full-sized "Geezer-Glide". And while I'm at it.....Screw them H.O.G's too! "Oh we're bikers but we dont want no **** shown at our rallies cuz its a family friendly event!", "We're not cliquish, we just have "friendship circles". Then go join a Honda club! "You meet the nicest people on a Honda!" was an old slogan. Well maybe, but you get more ho's with a Harley!
'97 Softail Custom that I lived on for 6 weeks in Australia.
'53 FLH rigid chopper w/73 shovelhead, +15deg in the neck and 6" in the forks,18" apes, custom laced my own rims. Old Skool!
i 'm getting a importers pack sent out in the mail , they said it's a real fark around & about 6 months worth of paperwork & phone calls but it can be done . NO MATE FARK WITS SAY THERE GIRLS BIKES , girlsters ect ect but for blasting around all the mountains ( the great dividing range ) i think the lowered hugger ( sporty ) with straight drag bars would be best . & it would have to be cammed up & all the **** done ( 70 ) hp SINGLE SEAT OF COURSE in this frame of mind I'm thinking fark the ho's farking rev it hard & make noise . sporty's are cheap & affordable . then after I've crashed the sporty if I'm still alive hopefully still got 2 arms & at leased 1 leg then get a bigger softy or something . you know get the ol ww2 germen style helmet & chain mail bug catcher mask haha . mate last time in 05 when i almost bought one , i had my zouarve civil war uniform & cavalry boots already to go with German helmet & stainless steel chain mail bug catcher that my mo would always get caught in hahaha . yep I'm a full on fark wit hahaha but crazy as a cut snake hahahaha . i don't know how outrageous i am now but i could probably buy or at leased borrow that uniform off the guy i sold it to . hahaha I'll wear it down to a place called nimbin dope & hippy capitol of Australia & ya all ways pick up hitch hikers & packet ***** heading up to the gold coast or Brisbane . that'll spin them spun out kents out hahaha . it's just gone 3 am i gotta go ta bed mates cya's .
Old 12-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Sporties are ok, the wife likes the 98 883 but she's gotten tired of it and want's a Heritage Classic. If your going to spend that kinda money and then put a bunch more into the engine, plus the duty and shipping ect. I'd go with a V-Rod, if your serious about losing a limb or two this will get it done. I got mine for 12 grand from the States, it's a 04 and had 3000 miles on it. It is not for the faint of heart, 110 rwhp, about 575 lbs wet, 0-60 in 3.3 secounds and 160 miles per hour. I haven't riden the old Shovelhead since I got it.

BTW, we call Sportsters...... nah I won't go there

Last edited by toad490; 12-24-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Mopar Fanatic

DK, this might be a route for you to think about, this is just an example of what's available. You might have less trouble bringing it in as parts and for about the same price you can have something way cool. Check sellers feedback for buyers that have bought kits from the seller and then contact them to see if they are still happy with the product. Any good seller will tell you which sales are for the kit your looking at. You can also pickup used engines pretty cheap that people have left from swapping in S&S engines and such. Trannies are another $1000-1500. Just a thought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/250-P...item563804b6fc
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-S-9...item3a5615b3e8
Old 12-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Mopar Fan

over here in oz morgan and wacker drag race v rods.they run from mid 8s to low tens(they have a few of them)over the quater mile.awesome bikes
Old 12-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Mopar Lover

I've been to Morgan and Wackers. Nice blokes. They uncrated our bikes when they got shipped there back in 02 for our 6 week pub crawl! Met some of the Brisbane "Hoggies", shared a few beers. Definately a "Gentlemans" riding group. It seemed like in Oz only the 1% outlaw clubs, and the Rubs could afford Harleys. The 90% of the blokes in the middle couldnt afford them. Explains why everyone was dodgey when the met us! We dont ride with a 1% club, but we certainly dont look like "Rubbies" either! Folks would avoid eye-contact and even crosssed the street! Now most Aussies are a clean-shaven bunch, and face-hair is for the fringe of society [just look at Dead Kelly, I rest my case!], so we were given the stink-eye everywhere. We'd go to a nice pub and they wouldsay that we stood out like "dogs *****" and refuse service. Then we'd talk, and when they found out we were yanks [septic tanks] it was no worries! Good times! My shout for the next round!

Last edited by scotts74birds; 12-24-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:38 AM
Mopar Lover

here here

thanks guy's i'm going over to hyo1's place to play with some b/powder . i'll get back later guys & thanks for the links toad .
Old 12-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Mopar Fanatic

No problem dk, I have a friend up Cairns way and he looked into me sending bikes to him for resale but the duty charges and stuff didn't make it worth while as a business, might be ok on a one off type thing. I just thought maybe bringing in a kit and regiestering it there might be a way around the duty ect.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by toad490
No problem dk, I have a friend up Cairns way and he looked into me sending bikes to him for resale but the duty charges and stuff didn't make it worth while as a business, might be ok on a one off type thing. I just thought maybe bringing in a kit and regiestering it there might be a way around the duty ect.
cool thanks man I'll have a look at that link now . I'm taking all of this in . now 4 of me mates are keen as if it'll save us a few grand or at leased get us something that we want for our money . not like buying something here for a million bucks & then spend another million on it just to go OK . a v rod seems the way to go but i really like the more traditional look mmmm . thanks toad .
Old 01-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Mopar Fan

Sporties are good little bikes, especially if you're not used to riding or you want to race without getting a plastic crotch-rocket. What sort of riding are you planning on doing? If you're not just learning or looking to pull some Evel Kinevel stuff (Sporties were his weapon of choice btw) have a look at the Dynas. They're the next class up from the Sportsters and (for me) are a lot more comfy. They've also got the larger fuel tank so you can go longer between refills.
Gotta be some gorgeous riding in oz, man I gotta get there!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Dynas actually have a lower seat height than sportys.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Mopar Fanatic

My favorite Sporty, the Nightster.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
Dynas actually have a lower seat height than sportys.
cool i know the 05 hugger i was gonna get had a 18" seat height the lower the better . it all comes down to . i still have a bit to spend on my ute , i need a roll cage , new custom 3 1/2 " exhaust & headers , tuffen up my 727 , up graded brakes , cal tracks & single leaf spring & thinking about body work & paint also this year mmmm . i could put off the body work & paint till next year . so a sporty maybe all i could afford this year . & thats if i stay single hahaha . i only want to spend around $10 000 au over here that would only get a gc 883 05 -07 model . i got my importers pack in the mail yesterday i haven't opened it yet , i'll open it now thanks guys . i'll get back .
Old 01-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by crwchf16
Sporties are good little bikes, especially if you're not used to riding or you want to race without getting a plastic crotch-rocket. What sort of riding are you planning on doing? If you're not just learning or looking to pull some Evel Kinevel stuff (Sporties were his weapon of choice btw) have a look at the Dynas. They're the next class up from the Sportsters and (for me) are a lot more comfy. They've also got the larger fuel tank so you can go longer between refills.
Gotta be some gorgeous riding in oz, man I gotta get there!
hey mate . your in the air force ??? you can do allied exchange so uncle sam will pay for ya to come over here & work in our air force . i think it's for 6 months ? not sure though . i'm sure they do it for all the forces police & firefighters as well . i'll need a dual purpose bike cruising & wide open throttle stuff . we have a a huge mountain range on the east coast from Victoria all the way upto north Queensland ( 2500 miles roughly ) so i'll be doing every thing from open road cruising between country pubs - riding hard in the mountains & waking every body @ 5am in the back streets on a sunday morning . i'd probably cruise untill the the little devil in my head twists that throttle back & it's hard for me to back off . usualy after i get a bit of death fright . i'm thinking the sporty would pull up a bit better & be a little bit more for giving around the tight bends . & cost a s$@t load less as play money will be tight this year .
Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by toad490
DK, this might be a route for you to think about, this is just an example of what's available. You might have less trouble bringing it in as parts and for about the same price you can have something way cool. Check sellers feedback for buyers that have bought kits from the seller and then contact them to see if they are still happy with the product. Any good seller will tell you which sales are for the kit your looking at. You can also pickup used engines pretty cheap that people have left from swapping in S&S engines and such. Trannies are another $1000-1500. Just a thought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/250-P...item563804b6fc
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-S-9...item3a5615b3e8
i added this to my favorites the soft tail chopper would of been great . i was told that it will be allot easier for me to bring over a whole bike that's been registered over there so there's a solid paper trail . because of all the stolen harley rackets over here . thats also a reason for getting a sporty because i'd say they'd be less sort after by the f#$k wit bikies over here . if mine went missing i'd be forced to spray 7.62 lead flying at every patch where'ra i could find . & i already have a plan for them invovling a drum off marble's & a chinesse friend of mine .
Old 02-06-2010, 07:35 AM

Wow, is this the "I hate bikers" thread or what? Nothing wrong with Harleys boys, it's possible to be a car lover and a biker at the same time. I pull it off on a daily basis.

As far as that seat height on sportys vs dynas, it depends on which model you are looking at. My 883 Hugger has a seat that is way lower than my husbands 883 Deluxe. Also, not all Dyna's are created equally, you'll find that the seat height on the Low Rider is not the same as on the Wide Glide. I actually happen to be shopping for a new bike right now and I just ruled out the Low Rider and Street Bob in favor of the Wide Glide, I think that's my next bike.

As far as E-bay is concerned. The market is flooded and I believe that the prices have about bottomed out. I've been watching them for over 9 months now, it's not just winter affecting this. The economic downturn has caught many people who were way overextended on their credit with their pants down. When the bottom line is sluggish, the toys are the first thing to go.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by deadkelly
good time to buy them ay . i'm finding out today about bringing one over .
If you get one from here, get one from a northern state, they have less milage typically due to being stored winters.