New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

End of the world? I think not!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm staying on top of it.

I'm going to call some other PickNPulls today as well as the State Patrol again.
I had the Manager at my PNP saying a Salvage title isnt a bad thing... Wha?

I honestly don't know if I'll ever have to sell it or not in the future, But would obviously like to keep any value, And not be Branded for some BS reason.

I just don't understand how you could go in with entirely clean VIN reports, That were also confirmed clean by the DOL/DMV Database, And get a Brand/Rebuild just because it came from a PickNPull or looks a little rough right now (It's 40+ years old!!!).

I also don't understand how you can/would get a "Rebuild" Title for a Running, Driving and COMPLETE (Besides a few Trim & Grill pieces) Vehicle.

GTS:
If you know anyone in the WA club who has bought from PickNPull or Similiar. Could you point me in their direction, Or ask them how it went on the VIN Inspection/Process, Please?

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 12-27-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
My dad and I have...
Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 103 Likes on 103 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Aesthetikz
Will do! I'm going to document everything.

I actually have to go down to the State Patrol by the 4th of Jan to have the vin inspected so I can proceed to get a Title. Paperwork from the scrap yard says they sell all vehicles on a wreckers license.

Anyone had to go through this?, I sure havent... Will I end up with a salvage title or something?

Carfax didnt go past 1981, So I did some searching and paid $2.50 to the "NMVTIS" And it comes up entirely clean! Says the last Title was issued in 2/13/1976, Same State.
I don't know why it says "Odometer: Exempt" Though...
i really didn't pay attention to this thread until i read about a physical vin inspection and realized that you may be screwed on the title MAYBE.
i have friend's here that use to buy and sell cars on the action, used car's. And the local junk yard around here say the same thing.
the federal government doesn't have a division to re-title cars, maybe i'm wrong in remembering what they told me, it was a long time ago.
but i tried several times to get a perfectly good car out of the junk yard just because some one didn't know what to do with it.
and i always get the same answer.
so i check with my friend with the dealers licence at the auction.
once a car is junked or totaled you can't get it re-titled.
now if that changed i would like to know!
i hope for your troubles it's possible
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by blue 68 gts
My dad and I have...
How did it turn out??? Title Branded, Clean or What? Was it from a picknpull?

Originally Posted by Gorts 5th
i really didn't pay attention to this thread until i read about a physical vin inspection and realized that you may be screwed on the title MAYBE.
i have friend's here that use to buy and sell cars on the action, used car's. And the local junk yard around here say the same thing.
the federal government doesn't have a division to re-title cars, maybe i'm wrong in remembering what they told me, it was a long time ago.
but i tried several times to get a perfectly good car out of the junk yard just because some one didn't know what to do with it.
and i always get the same answer.
so i check with my friend with the dealers licence at the auction.
once a car is junked or totaled you can't get it re-titled.
now if that changed i would like to know!
i hope for your troubles it's possible
They just kept telling me it wouldnt be a problem getting a Title, And all should be lollipops and gummybears.
They sell these complete cars all the time, Several a day alot of the time.
I dont see how they could be coming up Salvage, But the same DOL guy who said my history was clean replied back saying the system is backlogged and will show "Wrecked" at some point, Or they will just add it when they see the paperwork?!~Something just isnt fitting here...

DOL Guy:
"I have found out that the department that processes wrecker documents is backlogged, which is why is was not able to see it reported on the vehicle record or the NMVTIS system. Once they do update the record, or you go into a vehicle licensing office and they verify that it came from a wrecker, then it will be branded a wrecker destroyed before the new title is issued. This is regardless of the age of the vehicle."

Maybe if I avoid the DOL prior to the Inspection it will help, I really don't know.

PS: I'm talking about cars that havent been out for parts at all (Mine didn't even leave the off limits staging area or touch the yard with the other for sale cars IMO).
They are the more decent vehicles being set aside and sold whole as "Builders" like a little car lot in the yard. I was also told they don't have a dealers license.

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 12-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Mopar Fan

DOL Guy:
"Good afternoon,

The brand wrecker destroyed does not mean that they are not drivable. The vehicle may in fact be in perfect condition. The same thing happens when a vehicle is in an accident and an insurance company considers it, “Insurance destroyed,” even though it only has a dented door. I was told that because it comes from a wrecker, it is branded as such.

The brand is not is not placed on the vehicle by the wrecker. What I recommend is that you take your paperwork into a Vehicle Licensing Office. They will be able to look it over and if necessary have their support look at it. They should be able to give you a definite yes or no."
Old 12-29-2012, 06:11 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

sound's like typical government flaming hoop runaround
Old 12-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Mopar Lover

PM sent.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Mopar Lover

Smile

my brother say you need to find a piece of junk parts car/with title for sale buy it and take the vin from that and swap it
Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts
my brother say you need to find a piece of junk parts car/with title for sale buy it and take the vin from that and swap it
That's kinda the plot from "Gone in 60 Seconds" isn't it? Sounds illegal.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Mopar Lover

Sure. can be done

but STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 illegal.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:34 AM

Good for you/nice machine
Old 12-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Mopar Lover

Smile

Originally Posted by Mr.4spd
That's kinda the plot from "Gone in 60 Seconds" isn't it? Sounds illegal.
illegal shmegal
you'll be driving it soon
you didn't steal it or the junker for your vin you just transferred it like transferring plate's
then take the junker and junk it a total piece of junk will be scraped or cut it up and sell it for scrap
now if you stole this car well that's the theme out of "gone in 60 seconds"

Last edited by Gorts 5th; 12-30-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Mopar Lover

Smile

but if not the car is a loss.
i bet you can sell the part's here there may be plenty of takers waiting for those part's so do them a favor.
oh hey wait a minute you can't sell those part's you don't have the title for the car so you don't own it that pick and pull does at least according to the state and fed. so that's illegal too that's like selling stolen part's.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Mopar Lover

oh hey wait a minute you can't sell those part's you don't have the title for the car so you don't own it that pick and pull does at least according to the state and fed. so that's illegal too that's like selling stolen part's.

That's a jackass statement to make. He "owns" the car as he got a BILL OF SALE FROM THE PULL A PART.

In the State of Washington if you buy a car with NO TITLE you MUST take it through State Patrol and have them check it. If it checks out, you will be issued a title. It takes months to get through.

It is also ILLEGAL to VIN SWAP A N Y car in this state and the rest of the states as far I know. That's like swapping license plates, or tabs. But worst.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Mopar Lover

if you can't laugh at the world,
Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Mopar Fan

Yep yep, Got it.
It goes through the inspection on the 16th, I pray for the best.

On another note~
I finally got back into her (Yes I was still locked out, heh) tonight using a thick welding rod with a bent hook and plastidip on it.
Reached the pass inside door handle and pulled but apparently someone locked that door for some dumb reason.
Used some wedges on the drivers glass and hooked the drivers inside door handle and the door popped open. Hurray!
So I know the latches work, Just need the backing metal welded.

I ran the Engine, and what I was calling "tapping" sounds louder now, And sounds more like very loud "clicking", I'm wondering if it's not a Spark, Air leak or Compression issue, It seemed like it may have had a miss when I revved it. It's coming from the mid or rear drivers side engine and is very audible in the drivers seat.
It's very erratic and does not really change with rpm that I noticed, Although the car dies when you get on the gas, Did this when we brought her home, But she didn't so much after warming up.
The idle does not sound healthy at all, Something/s definitely not right.

I took a video and will upload it here soon. It's dark out so it's mostly just for the audio.

I'll also be making a build thread soon.

Oh and, Happy new year if I don't reply back tonight!

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 12-31-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

sounds like noisy lifters/rockers?
hope for the best on your inspection...
GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Mopar Lover

Question

let's have fun with this.
Let's say he finds a car/same color-even, swaps the vin and the fender tag's.
Do you really think that those government worker's down at the tag office are going to crawl all over that car to make sure all the number's match ?
and let's say he's pulled over for a licences plate light being out, do you really think that cop is going to crawl all over that car to make sure all the number's match?
And since the government always screw's us breaking law's and writing law's so they can do there dirty deeds!
And i can list a ton of them.
Why are you worried about screwing the government?
And since he bought both vehicles legally who has he hurt?
Maybe the people that could use those part's for their ride?
He didn't steel them right Aesthetikz?
And not the government they got there money, to use maybe to make a new law too make owning older car's illegal?
You know you can't turn off these car's with a switch like from "ON STAR "
LOOK OR UNLOCK DOOR' S
and today allot of new car's don't even have a steering column connected into a steering box..."Drive by wire". "if the government can fly drone's and bomb people into the next life" well hmm hmm you think about it !
The gang of 535 telling 300mill what to do! Law's who's breaking law's here?
It's like a thief comes into your home and demands you tell him the truth! what?
I'm sure you'll be honest with a dishonest for their benefit...
FOOL!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Mopar Lover

let's have fun with this.
Let's say he finds a car/same color-even, swaps the vin and the fender tag's.
Do you really think that those government worker's down at the tag office are going to crawl all over that car to make sure all the number's match ?
and let's say he's pulled over for a licences plate light being out, do you really think that cop is going to crawl all over that car to make sure all the number's match?
And since the government always screw's us breaking law's and writing law's so they can do there dirty deeds!
And i can list a ton of them.
Why are you worried about screwing the government?
And since he bought both vehicles legally who has he hurt?
Maybe the people that could use those part's for their ride?
He didn't steel them right Aesthetikz?
And not the government they got there money, to use maybe to make a new law too make owning older car's illegal?
You know you can't turn off these car's with a switch like from "ON STAR "
LOOK OR UNLOCK DOOR' S
and today allot of new car's don't even have a steering column connected into a steering box..."Drive by wire". "if the government can fly drone's and bomb people into the next life" well hmm hmm you think about it !
The gang of 535 telling 300mill what to do! Law's who's breaking law's here?
It's like a thief comes into your home and demands you tell him the truth! what?
I'm sure you'll be honest with a dishonest for their benefit...
FOOL!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!