New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

glad to finally be a part of the gang.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy glad to finally be a part of the gang.

Hello to all, Names Travis I'm new to the mopar forums and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a proud owner of a 1969 dodge dart custom 318 v8, she goes by the name wendy! Call me weird for naming a vehical but I know I am not alone. Stephen king wrote a a book who's character ended up buying a '58 fury named christine! Great book. Anyways I've been browsing the forums in search of some wisdom about fuel delivery problems because my dart is not geting gas. I had it running about a week ago before I rebuilt the carburator. I thought maybe i did the rebuild wrong but my dad who is/was a mechanic said everything looks **** and that maybe is the fuel lines or pump "mechanical" maybe . I have an electric choke, its a carter afb four barrel on an edelbrock performer intake. Any pointers? Ill go thru and re-read some of the posts on fuel problems and pumps. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance guys
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Welcome!

Pull the fuel line off the carb and hold it in a bucket while someone turns the car over. Are you getting fuel? Yes, then it's something inside the carb. No, pull the line off the mechanical fuel pump on the motor and have someone turn the car over, is there fuel coming out? Yes, replace the line and filter from the pump to the carb. No, pull the line off of the fuel filter between the pump and see if you have fuel there. Yes, replace the filter and try testing the pump again. No, then you have a clog in the line from teh tank to the first filter or the pickup in the tank is not working properly.

Stupid question time. Is there gas in the tank?

You can also drop a line with a filter into a gas can filled with gas and hook it up to the fuel pumpa nd see if the car will run then. Yes, your issue is before the pump. No, your issue is the pump or after the pump.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM

When I take the line off the fuel filter right before the carb and have a friend turn it over there is pressure pushing out of the line just no fuel. Yes there's gas in the tank.ten gallons actually and before I put it in I clean and flushed the tank several times. Ill give your other suggestions a try and let you know what I find out. I haven't had much time inbetween work and sleeping to do much. Thank you!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 80 Likes on 80 Posts
Welcome to you and Wendy
Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Mopar Fanatic

i had the same prob the other day ,,turned out it was just a loose wire on my coil resistor ,,lol

Last edited by scotty; 09-21-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome and i hope you get it up and running!