New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

Got a 73 Satellite wagon

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 01:35 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Got a 73 Satellite wagon

I just bought a 73 Satellite station wagon. I just kind of stumbled onto it. I was buying another car and it was there too and I had been wanting a wagon. So I bought 2 cars.
It's rust free (I live in the desert) The 318 runs good. It needs back glass and a drivers door panel that I'm sure will be hard to find.

My wife loves it and so I guess that I need to get it in gear and fix the old gal up.
I haven't had a Mopar in a long time unless you count Jeeps. I had a 71 Duster 340, a 68 Charger R/T,. 69 Charger, and a 66 Belvedere.. But it's been a while..

Looking forward to talking to you.

The following users liked this post:
RacerHog (05-27-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatty Satty
I just bought a 73 Satellite station wagon. I just kind of stumbled onto it. I was buying another car and it was there too and I had been wanting a wagon. So I bought 2 cars.
It's rust free (I live in the desert) The 318 runs good. It needs back glass and a drivers door panel that I'm sure will be hard to find.

My wife loves it and so I guess that I need to get it in gear and fix the old gal up.
I haven't had a Mopar in a long time unless you count Jeeps. I had a 71 Duster 340, a 68 Charger R/T,. 69 Charger, and a 66 Belvedere.. But it's been a while..

Looking forward to talking to you.

you will probably have better luck with the door pad than the back glass because a four door sedan door pad will fit your wagon. I know it’s a long shot but get on usedpart.com and see if they can find something for you.
happy hunting
Old 05-24-2022, 08:23 PM
Mopar Fan

Thanks. That's some good information. I knew going in that I would have a challenge with parts like that. Not a lot of these old wagons floating around anymore.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 482 Posts
If you find door panels but a different trim level, get the one opposite to it if not all four clean and prep and paint the color needed. At least they would match setting in a seat.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:05 AM
Mopar Fan

I've been searching the web. I think that I could find Jimmy Hoffa easier. Time will tell. You never know. I'm used to searching for hard to find parts. I also have a 1950 Packard Club Coupe. Try finding parts for that. I guess that I am just a glutton for punishment.. .

Last edited by Fatty Satty; 05-25-2022 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:23 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 118 Likes on 116 Posts
nice! gotta love that thing. plus ,73 so no smog haha.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:43 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by Skwerly
nice! gotta love that thing. plus ,73 so no smog haha.
You got that right. No smog equals no hassles. A rarity in California.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:48 PM
Mopar Lover

yuuup, one of the million reasons i left.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:16 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 872 Likes on 851 Posts
Ya, but he lives in a good place in Cali.... Love that area.... Well back in the day i should say.... I still have family up the way... Too bad the lake is so darn low...

Love that wagon...

Skwerly: Your going to burn up, Phoenix Heat is coming to get you.... lol
Old 07-11-2022, 09:01 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by RacerHog
Ya, but he lives in a good place in Cali.... Love that area.... Well back in the day i should say.... I still have family up the way... Too bad the lake is so darn low...

Love that wagon...

Skwerly: Your going to burn up, Phoenix Heat is coming to get you.... lol
The lake is way low. Hopefully it will be better better next year. I used to work in Monrovia. My daughter still lives there. Downtown off of Myrtle on Palm.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:13 AM
Mopar Lover

haha, not so hot where I am. I'm a mile high in the prairie, so it's mild.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:59 PM
Mopar Fan

I'm at about 2700 feet up here. So it's only 103 degrees today ,

I really need to get the air conditioning in the Satellite working again.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:14 PM
Mopar Lover

haha, not so hot where I am. I'm a mile high in the prairie, so it's mild.
Nice.... I work in Flagstaff for a couple of summers back in 1978 and 1979... Nice up on those mountains....
I worked on the plumbing for the mall up there...

Old 07-12-2022, 05:16 PM
Mopar Lover

I'm at about 2700 feet up here. So it's only 103 degrees today ,

I really need to get the air conditioning in the Satellite working again.
That would be a ++.... A/C is a good thing....
Old 07-12-2022, 05:24 PM
Mopar Lover

The lake is way low. Hopefully it will be better better next year. I used to work in Monrovia. My daughter still lives there. Downtown off of Myrtle on Palm.
No kidding !!!!!!! Wow... Your worked here and she still lives here !!! What a small world.... I'm down by El Camino Real & Myrtle... Go figure!!! JB Burger, Rudys, Monrovin, are the best for eats !!!! Oh and how could you leave out LeRoys???? Miss the old Spires !!

My Father moved up to the lake in 1981, then up to Bodfish, and then to Red Mountain He passed in 2002, but he loved that place... Only had one stop sign back in them days, and only two lanes...
How long you been up at the lake?

Something tells me>>>> We know people.... Hahahahahahahaha
Old 07-13-2022, 12:03 AM
Mopar Fan

No kidding !!!!!!! Wow... Your worked here and she still lives here !!! What a small world.... I'm down by El Camino Real & Myrtle... Go figure!!! JB Burger, Rudys, Monrovin, are the best for eats !!!! Oh and how could you leave out LeRoys???? Miss the old Spires !!

My Father moved up to the lake in 1981, then up to Bodfish, and then to Red Mountain He passed in 2002, but he loved that place... Only had one stop sign back in them days, and only two lanes...
How long you been up at the lake?

Something tells me>>>> We know people.... Hahahahahahahaha
I know exactly where you are. I worked on California Ave .for Edison right next to the 210 freeway.. Can't miss the place.

We still only have one stoplight and one stop sign up here which is cool. When I was transferred to Whittier I had 72 stops on my commute from Claremont. That wasn't so cool. I don't miss the traffic. But I do miss the food. It's pretty slim pickings up here. But I've been here 6 years and that's the price you have to pay. . But I'd kill for a Tommy's double cheeseburger right now.

I'm sure we know people. because everybody up here knows everybody. .
Old 07-13-2022, 01:41 PM
Mopar Lover

Thats cool... One of the guys that worked in the Auto repair shop, i got to know a little bit, His kids went to school with my kids... lol
One dude raced a gray chevy Chevelle.. I forgot his name also.... Wow Must be a sign of getting old.... Hahahahaha

I'm not a big Tommy's fan..... But i do miss Nelda's Diner up in your part of the woods.... Other than that, you have to drive down the canyon to East Bakersfield to get some good grub.... Or go to Zingo's, Thats my stop headed to Famoso for some racing !!!!
Old 07-13-2022, 07:24 PM
Mopar Fan

Thats cool... One of the guys that worked in the Auto repair shop, i got to know a little bit, His kids went to school with my kids... lol
One dude raced a gray chevy Chevelle.. I forgot his name also.... Wow Must be a sign of getting old.... Hahahahaha

I'm not a big Tommy's fan..... But i do miss Nelda's Diner up in your part of the woods.... Other than that, you have to drive down the canyon to East Bakersfield to get some good grub.... Or go to Zingo's, Thats my stop headed to Famoso for some racing !!!!
Nelda's is still here. They have a good burger Nothing fancy just good ole diner food. I go there a lot. I don't like driving the canyon. I avoid it. .
Old 07-14-2022, 07:40 AM
Mopar Lover

What... No like driving the canyon! That's the best part of living up that way!!! As long as you don't get stuck from a accident or drive off into river and become one of the numbers on the bill board !!! lol
So to got out of town, is just a casual drive over to Wofford heights. I didn't think they had any good places to eat? just a good car show 1 or 2 times a year?
Oh and is Merle Haggards place still standing down in the base of the canyon?
Old 07-14-2022, 08:59 AM
Mopar Fan

What... No like driving the canyon! That's the best part of living up that way!!! As long as you don't get stuck from a accident or drive off into river and become one of the numbers on the bill board !!! lol
So to got out of town, is just a casual drive over to Wofford heights. I didn't think they had any good places to eat? just a good car show 1 or 2 times a year?
Oh and is Merle Haggards place still standing down in the base of the canyon?
I actually live in Wofford Heights. I just list my location as Lake Isabella because no one knows where the heck Wofford Heights is. If you blink you'll miss it. I also have a place in Kernville and another in Weldon. How I ended up with 3 houses up here is a long story. How I ended up here at all is a long story. But I did and I love it here.

I like the canyon road but I don't like it at the same time. I don't want to become a a statistic. And that's a good place to do it.

As far as I know ole Merle's place is a museum now. I haven't really checked it out. When I go the Bakersfield I usually just want to get in and out as fast as possible. I like Bakersfield but I like being home better. .
Old 07-14-2022, 11:11 AM
Mopar Lover

Wow... Your going to be the Mayor soon !!!! Hahahahaha

I always liked it up there... Just not on the holiday weekends...
Old 07-15-2022, 07:26 AM
Mopar Fan

Yeah it gets a little packed on holidays. My place in Kernville is right across the street from where they have the rodeo. I have to put traffic cones in front of my house if I go out or someone will park right in front of my driveway. I can't imagine just blocking someone's driveway but they do it. But if someone blocks my old lady neighbors driveway she'll go out and rip them a new one. She's a tough old gal. .

I just stock up and stay on my deck with the barbecue going and the beer cold and watch the parade of people go by. It's quite a party. We must have had 30 people stop by last time. It's a pain but it's also a lot of fun. .
Old 07-15-2022, 07:41 AM
Mopar Lover

With the lake down and all.... Im sure I could buy some property cheap over in "Old Kernville" Hahahahahahaha Put a tent up.. Haha
Old 07-15-2022, 07:46 AM
Mopar Lover

Yeah it gets a little packed on holidays. My place in Kernville is right across the street from where they have the rodeo. I have to put traffic cones in front of my house if I go out or someone will park right in front of my driveway. I can't imagine just blocking someone's driveway but they do it. But if someone blocks my old lady neighbors driveway she'll go out and rip them a new one. She's a tough old gal. .

I just stock up and stay on my deck with the barbecue going and the beer cold and watch the parade of people go by. It's quite a party. We must have had 30 people stop by last time. It's a pain but it's also a lot of fun. .
Good to hear life is still good up in those parts.... Rodeo, Car Shows, Boating, and a nice drive around the lake. And just sitting on the deck sounds good to me..
It is a lots of fun up there... only person up in those parts i know now are my half brother and you..He lives over in Red Mountain.. And maybe the old guy over at the old Texaco service station in Downtown? if its still around? " The name of the station skips me at the moment?" My dad and the owner was good friends...

Last edited by RacerHog; 07-15-2022 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:29 AM
Mopar Lover

I used to go there a ton with an ex! Kernville, Lake Isabella, camping on that river, et cetera. Man, such great times.

One great memory I have, I had to work on a Fri and they were all heading up there to camp and swim. The parents left early in the day, and me and the girlfriend left later on and met them there. Well, for reasons that probably belong in another post (lol), my Fury wasn’t running an exhaust of almost any kind. The entire system had broken off down near the j-turn, right off the manifold. Sounded like a cross between a tractor with something wrong with it and a harley lmao.

Anyhow, we pulled into the campground nice and late and that exhaust, man, hoo… it wasn't quiet. As I passed a million sleeping people, lights began to turn on inside tents. One guy even complained to the camp host and when I was approached I said hey, what ya gonna do? It has no exhaust.

That said, I didn’t exactly try to pull in quietly.

#moparnoise!
Old 07-15-2022, 10:13 AM
Mopar Fan

Good to hear life is still good up in those parts.... Rodeo, Car Shows, Boating, and a nice drive around the lake. And just sitting on the deck sounds good to me..
It is a lots of fun up there... only person up in those parts i know now are my half brother and you..He lives over in Red Mountain.. And maybe the old guy over at the old Texaco service station in Downtown? if its still around? " The name of the station skips me at the moment?" My dad and the owner was good friends...
No Texaco. Just a Shell station mini mart type of thing. The kid in there blasts heavy metal music. But he's a nice guy. I haven't taken my boat out in a long time. I loaned it out to my buddy and he whacked a rock and cracked the hull. I need to get around to fixing it. .
I took the boat out once and nobody (including me) checked the gas. This is a really bad idea. I ran out of gas right in the middle of the lake.. I hate when that happens. Luckily we got a tow back but when we got back my boat was DOA and I couldn't stop it. They stopped. I couldn't my boat just kept on going so I rear ended them. Fortunately there was no damage. We all got a good laugh. No harm, no foul.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:31 AM
Mopar Fan

I used to go there a ton with an ex! Kernville, Lake Isabella, camping on that river, et cetera. Man, such great times.

One great memory I have, I had to work on a Fri and they were all heading up there to camp and swim. The parents left early in the day, and me and the girlfriend left later on and met them there. Well, for reasons that probably belong in another post (lol), my Fury wasn’t running an exhaust of almost any kind. The entire system had broken off down near the j-turn, right off the manifold. Sounded like a cross between a tractor with something wrong with it and a harley lmao.

Anyhow, we pulled into the campground nice and late and that exhaust, man, hoo… it wasn't quiet. As I passed a million sleeping people, lights began to turn on inside tents. One guy even complained to the camp host and when I was approached I said hey, what ya gonna do? It has no exhaust.

#moparnoise!
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I remember my Charger's alternator went out. I was in Hollywood. I lived in Covina. Not a huge drive. But kind of.. I got it started and drove it home with no lights. .People kept flashing their lights at me all the way. I know. I know. I have no lights. I'm aware of that Thank you.
But the old girl made it home. She didn't leave me stranded.. She was dead as a doornail when I got home. But I got home. . .
Old 07-15-2022, 11:45 AM
Mopar Lover

#moparnoise!
Yep... That loudness will get peoples attention around that area !!!! lol
Old 07-15-2022, 11:47 AM
Mopar Lover

No Texaco. Just a Shell station mini mart type of thing. The kid in there blasts heavy metal music. But he's a nice guy. I haven't taken my boat out in a long time. I loaned it out to my buddy and he whacked a rock and cracked the hull. I need to get around to fixing it. .
I took the boat out once and nobody (including me) checked the gas. This is a really bad idea. I ran out of gas right in the middle of the lake.. I hate when that happens. Luckily we got a tow back but when we got back my boat was DOA and I couldn't stop it. They stopped. I couldn't my boat just kept on going so I rear ended them. Fortunately there was no damage. We all got a good laugh. No harm, no foul.
HAHAHAHAHA.... Good times.... kinda...
Old 07-15-2022, 11:50 AM
Mopar Lover

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I remember my Charger's alternator went out. I was in Hollywood. I lived in Covina. Not a huge drive. But kind of.. I got it started and drove it home with no lights. .People kept flashing their lights at me all the way. I know. I know. I have no lights. I'm aware of that Thank you.
But the old girl made it home. She didn't leave me stranded.. She was dead as a doornail when I got home. But I got home. . .
Hummmmm..See Highlighted in Post. When? I have been working at the old Edison Yard for the last 35 years.... Hahahahahahah Boy this world is small....

Quick Reply: Got a 73 Satellite wagon