New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

Old As Dirt

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Old As Dirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Words to live and die by.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Naw, I didn't take it as disrespect, was just teasing there, and by profile, I wasn't talking about the one on here, Maybe Marines had a different term, but in the Army, if you had a medical condition that limited your activities, it was a profile. Sheesh, I remember having one guy (in an Airborne outfit no less) who wasn't allowed to sit, stand, lay, walk, ANYTHING, for more than 5 minutes at a time, unless he wanted to. It even had a limit on how many breaths he could take a minute. When he finally went AWOL, and I had to inventory his personal stuff in his locker, Kid actually had some dress greens set up with almost every ribbon you could buy and two stars per shoulder. I just smiled when we finally charged him.

Code of Conduct. Darn, I think I love you, but like Clint said... "Don't think this means we're gonna take long hot showers together". It's really a shame, but I don't think there's much of any sort of code lived by anymore for most people unless it's "It's a free country and I will if I wanna". Sergeant, I think that shows you're a Warrior, not just a soldier/Marine.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Old As Dirt

lol holy right over my head Buck on that one sorry, profile ya crazy when I went more crazy when I left, we used to just say what the f$@! is your malfunction Marine lol - and killing myself with that story I can just see all that going down, string'em up lol.
And sir thank you for your kind words it makes it all seem worth it to know that is how I am looked at for my contribution and the 14 years spent in the service, thanks Buck, Jake
Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by 67 GTX
i always liked your clone
Thanks 67 GTX and Sarge. Like I said, no one has ever had heart burn about my clone. Isn't it said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? The Belvedere all by itself is very cool, but I just really liked the extras the GTX had, so I did my best to make mine like to real GTX. The scoops, tailpanel, tail light bezels, 150 mph speedo, badging, etc are just the coolest!!! This car was already cut up for racing and didn't have one matching item, so I did not feel bad about making it a clone. On the other hand, I would not have taken a real survivor matching numbers car and done this. Anyhow, I love the car, and I know many of you appreciate it, so it is all good with me........and yes, I love that it is Plum Crazy. I get a lot of compliments when people see it
Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Old As Dirt

I think you did an amazing job and personally I would be happy as a pig in shi! to own/drive that car .... wanna sell it lol
Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Mopar Lover

You don't want it yet Sarge, I am still working out some of the bugs. Give me a few more weekends and then it might be ready for prime time. Weekend after next is the new MSD 8387 distributor and a working wiper motor. A few weekends ago it was the 3:91 posi conversion to a brand new 3:55 posi so I could drive in the freeway. Last weekend it was a new 3 core aluminum radiator to keep her coll in the upcoming summer, fixing a seep in the thermostat to water pump housingm and a new valley cover plan that blocks the exhaust ports that heat the manifold that were leaking. Now I could really use a few dry days so I can drive it and verify that my fixes are actually working. Somewhere down the road, I still have some wiring issues to deal with........
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Old As Dirt

Sounds like a mean machine no doubt and I just love that body style, first time I seen one I lost my mind and wanted one bad, so 74 I think is when I had mine, also a 67 like yours and kick myself in the *** for selling it, the kid ruined it bad and his kid has probally got big fart tubes on it now ... god I hope not lol
good luck on dry weather where you are, them 2 days were last month lol
Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Mopar Fan

Welcome to the forum Sarge!

I didn't serve but sometimes my wife makes me feel that way! lol
Old 06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Old As Dirt

lol mine never let me forget she out ranked me in and out of the service, and thank you sir from Sgt. Jake & the late Lt. Kelly