Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aneurysm's new roomate

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 12:15 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Aneurysm's new roomate

Well I got me a new toy last week. '70 Challenger, my first E-body since 1989. It's in remarkably good shape for one that's sat for 7 or 8 years. Paint is about 80% original, likewise the interior; only the seats have been recovered although the carpet needs replacing. The only rust in the car is the trunk floor, easy fix. It's an original 383-2 car, with a 451 stroker in it now with Edelbrock heads. Gotta some fiddling to do since it's been sitting for so long- rancid gas, dry rotted tires, etc, but it's going to be a fun and hopefully easy project. Oh, it's a very early production car too, August 1969 which matched with a friend of mine's '70 R/T convertible.

Old 09-18-2023, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 498 Likes on 480 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride, what are the first things I do is give it some new break juice. After they sit for a few years, the brakes work until they don’t because they’re full of water. That’s my thinking anyhow.
The following users liked this post:
Moparod (09-20-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 09:26 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 871 Likes on 850 Posts
Wow... That thing is Sweeeeeet !!!! I have a fond love for them 70 Challengers !!!!!! You got my attention... lol
Moparod (09-20-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 12:43 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Well I finally found a little time to wrench on the Challenger this past week and hot diggity, she's running again after almost a decade Got a lot of sorting to do on the carburetor as you can tell by the blue smoke but this thing is strong. Gonna be a beast once I get it all squared away...
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
Challyrunshort.wmv (18.42 MB, 6 views)
RacerHog (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 02:59 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Moparod
Well I finally found a little time to wrench on the Challenger this past week and hot diggity, she's running again after almost a decade Got a lot of sorting to do on the carburetor as you can tell by the blue smoke but this thing is strong. Gonna be a beast once I get it all squared away...
Oh Man !!!! That is way Cool !!!! Cant wait for some more updates....
Old 03-05-2024, 11:23 AM
Mopar Fanatic

After the coldest winter I can remember it's finally warmed up enough to futz around with the Challenger some more. Turns out the carb issue was just the floats were adjusted too high. Took it out on a little shakedown drive around the neighborhood last week, drove surprisingly well after such a long time. Transmission shifted good, the brake pedal was hard, checked and my booster is bad. Got one ordered and it should be here this week. I also noticed the amp gauge was discharging as I drove it, checked that and it's only putting out 12v. Going to run it over to a rebuilder here in town and should be good to go. If that's all the mechanical stuff that's iffy, I'm considering myself lucky!
Old 03-08-2024, 07:21 AM
Mopar Lover

After the coldest winter I can remember it's finally warmed up enough to futz around with the Challenger some more. Turns out the carb issue was just the floats were adjusted too high. Took it out on a little shakedown drive around the neighborhood last week, drove surprisingly well after such a long time. Transmission shifted good, the brake pedal was hard, checked and my booster is bad. Got one ordered and it should be here this week. I also noticed the amp gauge was discharging as I drove it, checked that and it's only putting out 12v. Going to run it over to a rebuilder here in town and should be good to go. If that's all the mechanical stuff that's iffy, I'm considering myself lucky!
Cool.... Sounds like you will be ready to Roll come spring time !!!! Mopar on Brother, Hope thats all the issues you have to deal with...
Old 03-16-2024, 11:54 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by RacerHog
Cool.... Sounds like you will be ready to Roll come spring time !!!! Mopar on Brother, Hope thats all the issues you have to deal with...
You and me both! Got the alternator reinstalled last week and am about to go out and get started on the brake booster, hoping I'll be able to move Sunday morning after contorting myself under the dash...

If anybody's looking for a project, a friend of mine had a stroke about 3 years ago and has made the decision to sell off his stash. He's got several Challengers, including a '70 slant six S/E and a '70 convertible. He also has a '68 Charger with a 528 crate Hemi / 5 speed, a '68 Coronet R/T along with a couple of Fox body Mustangs, a Falcon Ranchero, a '65 MGB, and I'm sure I'm missing something. He's who I bought my '70 from. Most are projects ranging from very little work (the convert) to full on resto projects. None have been driven since his stroke. I hope to have pics and pricing sometime next week if anybody's interested.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 498 Likes on 480 Posts
You and me both! Got the alternator reinstalled last week and am about to go out and get started on the brake booster, hoping I'll be able to move Sunday morning after contorting myself under the dash...

If anybody's looking for a project, a friend of mine had a stroke about 3 years ago and has made the decision to sell off his stash. He's got several Challengers, including a '70 slant six S/E and a '70 convertible. He also has a '68 Charger with a 528 crate Hemi / 5 speed, a '68 Coronet R/T along with a couple of Fox body Mustangs, a Falcon Ranchero, a '65 MGB, and I'm sure I'm missing something. He's who I bought my '70 from. Most are projects ranging from very little work (the convert) to full on resto projects. None have been driven since his stroke. I hope to have pics and pricing sometime next week if anybody's interested.
That would be great, maybe you could get some pictures and prices Im sure it could help him out…
Old 03-17-2024, 09:35 AM
Mopar Lover

Oh Boy, I hear you on that that back deal. No Fun for sure....
Sorry to hear about your friend and him coming down with health issues. It sucks when you cant get out in the shop and do what you love to do. But man if I was younger and had a place to do a few of those. I would take him up on a couple of those projects. But just bad timing for me anyways.
However Post up the photos and prices if you can. Maybe one of my kids that are out that way would be interested? But at any rate will keep him in our Daily Prayers...

Keep us posted on the booster job and the back ....
Old 03-25-2024, 07:51 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Here are two of the cars my friend Rick is selling. A mutual friend took the pics, as you can see they're rough but restorable. I don't know what parts he has to go with them. The '68 R/T does have a 440, I don't know if it's a matching number car. The '70 S/E comes with a rebuilt /6 (I don't know if it's original) and a parts car. Can't be too many slant 6 S/E's out there... He wants $10K each. And he also has a '68 Charger with a 528 HEMI / 5 speed manual, and a '70 Challenger convertible 318. The droptop is a nice driver quality car and the Charger is a primarily rust free southern car, I don't know about prices or have pics of those two yet. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll pass along his email address, as I said he suffered a stroke so he has difficulty communicating.
RacerHog (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 07:49 AM
Mopar Lover

Thanks For posting it up... Cheers