Sponsored by:

Doubts about my plymouth fury restoration

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doubts about my plymouth fury restoration

Hi Everybody

I have a 1974 Plymouth Fury Sedan and I want to restore it (She really needs a good work time) but I have some doubts about the restoration process.

First Problem: I don't live in the U.S, I live in South America and I never seen another plymouth fury in my city. My Plymouth was imported directly from the U.S by the government in 1975 so is impossible to get body parts and interior parts for my car.

Second Problem: Where Can I buy the glass windows for this car? The actually glass have some scratches so I want to change it

I would really appreciate any help that someone can give to me to restore this boat
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for this double post but i have a question

Why is so hard to find parts for a mopar C-Body? I been looking on ebay, yearone and summit racing and there's no parts for C-Body, only B and E Body
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
As far as where to find parts the only places I know to recommend you've already mentioned. There are some mopar salvage yards you can try although I don't know if they will ship out of the country. I don't see why they'd have a problem with it as long as you paid the difference. This place is in Sandy, Oregon they specialize in nothing but pre 1980 mopars. Wildcat Auto Wrecking (503) 668-7786. They probably have plenty of C body parts.

And the reason C body parts are harder to find reproduced is because they aren't restored nearly as often as the B and E bodies are. At least that would be my best guess.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You wont find most parts at your typical part places for the c body. Another entertaining thing is everyone thinks they know all about your cbody but very few actually do. None the less I would never sell mine. Engine parts are typically easy to find. The other parts you have to get creative and really know exactly what you need when looking. 9.999 times out of 10 when i have someone look up my car they dont have any data on it so you need to bring part numbers and do the research yourself. I shared this on another post but here are 2 places that I have found competent people who know c bodies.

http://www.jcauto.com/ very knowledgeable on c bodies! Also have parts and do work also.

http://www.bigmauto.com/ hard to get a hold of but they have a ton of your hard to find parts.